Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

2008 KTM 530 EXC

15569 miles? Doesn't mention any maintenance work other than oil changes. Top end is perfect? Not a bad deal but you gotta go in knowing it's going to need a top end very soon. I'd plan on dropping at least a grand on maintenance.

Hobie could comment on the longevity of the 2008 exc. He has similiar miles on his and is very well maintained like the advertised bike.

I have 10,000 miles on my 2008 450 exc and the top end and valves are within new specs. No extra work has been done on mine.

This bike has considerable time on it ,but the valves have never gone out of spec the stock shims are still there still right on, the compression is still on the high side of spec. I changed the oil every 10 hrs, and filter. Always used the best synthetic oil Amsoil 20W50 Cleaned air filter every ride. This bike has never been close to the rev limiter. I am a trail rider and I kept it meticulously, including taking it apart to clean with soap and water and paint brush every ride. I changed fork oil and bushings and seals last year, swingarm bearings and seals last fall and didn't really need to be done. So please don't compare to the average motorcycle with some time on it.

15569 miles? Doesn't mention any maintenance work other than oil changes. Top end is perfect? Not a bad deal but you gotta go in knowing it's going to need a top end very soon. I'd plan on dropping at least a grand on maintenance.

PdbBlue before you make statements like this come on over, let me show you the compression and the maintenance history for this bike. Why would you attempt to trash a bike you don't have any interest in. I didn't try to cover up the mileage, my bad for not giving full history of this bike, RJ from AA Ktm is aware of the condition of this motorcycle and commented that it was one of two that he knew of being in such good condition with the time on the meter, it doesn't just happen it is the result of attention to detail.

I wasn't trying to trash the bike.My faux pas as I thought this was a craigslist bike from an unknown seller hence the history is always suspect in such a case. My apologies. It appears to be meticulously maintained and nicely set up. Agreed that you are very open about the condition of the bike. 15K miles proves that you've enjoyed owning it. Just pointing out when you buy a used 4 stroke you need to keep in mind the big picture. It's a nice bike and if I were in the market to buy I would consider it.

Nicely set up bike at a good price, especially with the Rekluse. GLWTS

Thanks for the reply PDB its my bad for posting in the wrong place, I am not on here very much as I spend 7 months back in Ohio. I just love this bike and with the rekluse set up the way you like it there isn't much you can't do with it granted it is a heavy bike, when its rolling you don't notice the weight. Compared to strret legal bikes just a few years ago its quite agile. This same model and year bike without a rekluse and with approx 4500 miles are listed for from $6900-$7500. I considered the mileage although I think this will run into the future with no problems, I assumed most guys would shy away. That is why I listed it for $1500-$2000 less than others found on Craigslist, E-Bay and KTM Talk I did not look on Thumper Talk not realistic to think someone would ship very far ? I am not trying to get more than its worth just trying to pay some bills been out of work for several months now.I think the $1500 + would be a good buffer, and give someone who wants a solid fun bike the incentive to go ahead and buy.I think you could easily get another 6-7K easily if properly maintained. I have many extra's from rekluse such as tungsten balls and 6 differnt combinations of springs. along with different thickness of plates. If you have one of these you might know what I am refereeing to. TMI I know ha ha