tlking6

New Huskys have landed

Moto Forza got a shipment!

husky1_zps861e7266.jpg

And they are SWEET!

husky2_zpsb81aefa6.jpg

Randy, they want to host a SDAR meeting soon. Next week if possible. I'll bring the tacos! Lets do this!

Tracy,,, Step Away from the Motorcycle! Tracy, Step,,,,,

:crying_anim02:

Very nice! I grew up with Husky's and would like one in the garage but I just have trouble keeping up with who owns them, where the engines, etc are sourced........ I haven't spent the time reading, but are they on solid ground now?

Very nice! I grew up with Husky's and would like one in the garage but I just have trouble keeping up with who owns them, where the engines, etc are sourced........ I haven't spent the time reading, but are they on solid ground now?

I've been wondering the same thing. Also wondering what their price point is compared to a similar KTM? They sure are sweet looking!

Probably more solid and better then ever before. More money too!

I think the current owner (KTM) has respect for the long history of the marquee and intends on capitalizing on it.

They're almost 500exc's and 350excs with different plastics now. Same price points even AFAIK. The husky has a composite subframe instead of aluminum and a bit different suspension setup, but that's about it.

EDIT: MSRP is $50 more according to one site I saw. Here's the CW review. http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/11/03/2015-husqvarna-fe-501-s-and-fe-350-s-dual-sport-motorcycle-review-first-ride-photos-specifications/

Last year they were called Husabergs

Well, whatever they are, the KTMhuskabergs are all lined up and ready for your oohing and ahing pleasure up at Motoforza. :smile_anim:

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

So Mimi, since you're convinced I should give a 3rd chance to them, who should I speak to down there? If they're willing to match 3brosktm I'm willing to give them another shot since they're SDAR supporters. Not 100% sure on a husky or the new wr250f yet but my next bike will be fuel injected and I'm getting close to pulling the trigger. Just need to see them in person first. Haha.

So Mimi, since you're convinced I should give a 3rd chance to them, who should I speak to down there? If they're willing to match 3brosktm I'm willing to give them another shot since they're SDAR supporters. Not 100% sure on a husky or the new wr250f yet but my next bike will be fuel injected and I'm getting close to pulling the trigger. Just need to see them in person first. Haha.

I'm really sorry (and at a loss for an explanantion as to why) you had such dismal luck getting positively contact with the sales personel there. I'm sure if you ask for Kris or James, they will take care of you in a professional manner.

they sure are nice looking bikes. But IMO, the price point should be below KTM. It doesn't make since to me that corporate would price these higher...shoulder shrug...

But, if Vacman buys one, i'd be happy to break it in for him... :smile_anim:

We will have a club meeting there so do your negotiating then. Catch those guys with a couple beers and tacos in them and you'll be good to go!

Vey's in El Cajon is opening a new facility on 2nd street very soon. (I-8 and 2nd street. The old Oak Plus)

They will be a Husky dealer as well.

I got mine....2014 TE300 from GP Motorcycles San Diego (T wo stroke E nduro)(race bike). Amazing machine.

The new Huskys (KTM-Bergs) have all the best hi tech stuff from both the KTM and Husaberg(RIP) brands.

KTM SX/XC style linkage suspension, Husaberg style composite plastic sub frame, E (and now S) models have XC-W and XCF-W engines, Billet triples, 4CS forks (which I didn't and don't like personally for what I do). Pierer Industries (KTM has done a great makeover and super solid resurrection of the brand.

IMG_1424_zps5a9834de.jpg

Im glad we finally got back to ride it to the race , win or finish then ride it back home bikes. The guy who won 50+ class at tecate enduro this weekend did it on a Veys KTM500EXC with a top tier suspension (WP DLC forks and Traxx shock) package and a Rekluse no stall clutch, but basically a high end DS machine. Got him through a hardcore enduro for the class win.