Beezzz

montana 650 "bread crumb feature?"

Does the Montana 650 offer the "bread crumb feature" for a return track back to your camp?

Can I assume all the GPS's offer that feature.

Yes it has the ability to store an active tracklog of your travels. You can then store it and manipulate as with any other track. It also has a trackback feature which I have never used which provides guidance. I just have the track displayed on the screen and visually follow it.

Can I assume all the GPS's offer that feature.

No... don't assume that they (all) do.

NUVIs don't all store a track log, and if they do you can't upload a manipulated track log for a future adventure (that I know of, or not easily). They store the track as a "Trip log"

But most of the portable (hiking type - Monterra, Oregon, Dakota, 60, 62, 64, 72, 78, eTrex) devices do. And are limited to 10,000 track points in total, or 20 tracks of 500 track points.

While recording a Track, the Montana will auto-archive the current Track Log and begin a new Track Log recording when approaching the 10,000 point limit.

I read a review that said the camera photo icons on the track that are created get in the way of seeing the track and can't be ignored or omitted when viewing. Is that currently the case?