So...my inclination is to try for Jacumba- info board on the frontage road just west of exit 77 off the 8...high supposed to be 80...based on previous trips, plated bikes are best, but small ones; you don't want to be on anything bigger than a 650...rocks, steep climbs, some sand...be prepared to change a flat or two...I'll post some video from prior trips soon...

8 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//32.639809,-116.1071136/@32.6399104,-116.1094047,959m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1

http://vid380.photobucket.com/albums/oo247/TrophyHunter_album/Jacumba%20111211/Stagecoach1_zpse1b54723.mp4

Here's one - unedited and with an annoying click sound before I read the directions on my GoPro. Nice pass on the inside by BS after I got my left foot smacked off by a rock & stopping. It's steeper than it looks.

It's always steaper than it looks on video. That was cool.

How 'bout them mirrors? If I had mirrors that worked, I would be a lot more confident on asphalt.

Thanks for posting.

Nice pass on the inside by BS after I got my left foot smacked off by a rock & stopping. It's steeper than it looks.

Nice riding Ken...

Wish I could make this one

Very nice!!! Curious what you guys consider that ride? Novice, intermediate or advanced?

Intermediate-one or two sections maybe a little bit hi-intermediate...as a group, we always get through

Intermediate-one or two sections maybe a little bit hi-intermediate...as a group, we always get through

True.I have been there.

We start easy, and slowly ramp it up...bypasses (or sit and wait) for all difficult sections; nobody left behind

Lurking with a 50/50 shot of making it. I have wanted to explore the area so pushing hard to make it.

Hi Bob,

If you think I can handle the terrain then I'm in. I never rode there before, so I need to check.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil- I hate to choose which trails you try and which you don't, but stagecoach is 10 non-stop minutes (at my speed) of rocks, steps, off camber, cactus infected trail. The rest you may enjoy...maybe join us, and decide on that section the day of?...

I'm pretty sure that's how fast Rex and I did it...check dezertxer YouTube channel...rexr and bikeslut...down and up versions; it's timed, so?