Goofy Footer

2015 ADV Death Valley Noob Rally Mar 26-28

The 2015 ADV Death Valley Noob Rally thread is in full swing (it started less than four days ago and already is 15 pages!). Event dates are March 26-28, 2015 at Panamint Springs Resort. I attended the event in 2011? and it was a fun time but a bit crowded. Note that it is a very large organized event and there are sign-ups for rides, reserved parking/camping months in advance etc. If you want to attend I suggest you read through the thread now and get your PTO sorted. Joel does put on a good event, it's currently in it's 10th Year.

If the ADV event is full or not your thing, there typically is a SDAR group that visits in January as part of Death Valley Daze and last year I coordinated a SDAR Death Valley excursion in early March --> (see ride report here) which I will likely do again.

Here is a video that fudgypup made in 2013

Look how much fun these SDAR faithful had when they went!

img3666zp.jpg

Death Valley is a great place and I highly encourage members to visit!

If you'll be attending the ADV Noob Rally or want to head up with some SDAR people for a smaller ride, post your interest in this thread so we can all coordinate!

Definitely down for a redux of last years sdar event. No interest in the n00b ride when there are swarms of people everywhere.

I went to the noob rally last year. Had a blast. There's tons of people around, but for me on a big bike not ripping around, that's part of the fun. Really enjoyed the ride out there on those empty roads through the desert as well.

Todd Whiteside and I will be cooking the first nights dinner again. Joel is the unofficial ambassador of noobs to dual sport AND it's a fundraiser for Stewards of the Sequoia's.

Great chance to give back to the sport if you've been around and great chance for noobs to explore a great area with confidence help is there.

It's a win win!

Ps...the raffle prizes are exceptional - Big time vendors that are very generous.

well in 5 days the 200 spot list is full with 12 on the wait list! However from experience many will back out and those plus more on the wait list will make it.

I'd be in for another SDAR trip...

I'll meet you at the Adelanto Stater Bros... :-)

I'll try for an SDAr event...the huge groups aren't for me

I'm down. Just need a little time to plan it out with work and the family.

I need dates, so perhaps I can take some leave and do this!

Look how much fun these SDAR faithful had when they went!

img3666zp.jpg

That brings back some COOOOLD memories........especially for Hobiee :heh:

I was nearly hypothermic but I would do it all over again. Still one of the best rides I have ever been on.

I was nearly hypothermic but I would do it all over again. Still one of the best rides I have ever been on.

Well, natch....?

I am doing Noob Rally, but don't have any ride plans/buddies yet. If anyone wants to ride with a noob, let me know.

If anyone can take a set of wheels to this event and hand them off to a very outgoing female riding a DR650, let me know.

Done, I'm driving up in my suburban with food, bbqs and an SE on the Joe Hauler - got room for them. Drop them by and take a ride on the new toy which should be here after Tuesday.

Jimi, plenty of good folks to ride with when you get there. Come by the bbq (I'm cooking) on Thursday and see me - I will make sure you find s compatible group.

I am doing Noob Rally, but don't have any ride plans/buddies yet. If anyone wants to ride with a noob, let me know.

I'm a really strong Maybe for this. If attending, i will be on the big bike riding up, riding there, and riding home. If you doing same, lemme know

I'm a really strong Maybe for this. If attending, i will be on the big bike riding up, riding there, and riding home. If you doing same, lemme know

I had a spot reserved and everything, but had to cancel the trip. Made me sick inside to do it, as I've never really gotten a chance to ride offroad in DV.

I think they probably had all the spaces reserved months ago. It's quite an event and they sold out in a only a few days.