Well I left the house at 8:30 this morning and made it to Packards before 9...had a cup of coffee to fend off the chill and waited for awhile to see if anyone else was gonna show.....

132-3237_IMG.jpg

Headed further uphill and enjoyed some nice twistie action, not too much sand and gravel in the road so I made really good time until I got to the top of the hill after Dudley's...of course I had to slow and be careful becuase of the Hail and snow...broke it loose a few times but she responded very well to the gentile input on the bars.

132-3239_IMG.jpg

I figured it was a good idea to top off the tank in Julian so I hit the last gas stop before I descended down Banner Grade...

132-3240_IMG.jpg

I had some; Rain, Hail, Ice and Snow for a few miles on my way up and over and the ride was a little chilly and very interesting to say the least :)

I stopped on Banner Grade on a turn out near the bottom third of it to take a couple of pics...

132-3241_IMG.jpg

The bike was sticking pretty good on the wet stuff....The Moto tires are so much different than the MT-21's on wet pavement, I had enough confidence in the turns to really hang it out....

132-3242_IMG_2.jpg

I got to the bottom of the grade safely and sped up a bit when things dried out.

I was going to head for Borrego and then back up via Montezuma but saw clearer skies out East so I decided to alter my game plan and figured it was nice just being out.

So I pinned it and hauled Ass to the Desert Rose.....

When I got there I slowed to turn right and washed the front end out in the damp sand as I pulled in....

I layed the pig down in a hail of wet flung sand and laughed my butt off....

I forgot I did not have knobs on.....yup I had a "I am a Dumb Ass" moment :)

It was very soft and an easy landing (thank God) and pretty funny...

Everyone in the place laughed and clapped when I walked in afterwards and so did I....

Well my battery in the Camera died or I would have taken a pic of the pig wallowing in the mud :lol::lol:

Once I hit Bawley I cut over to El Centro and headed for home on the 8.....obeying the speed limit of course ;)

I had just enough juice in the camera when I stopped to get gas to take this pic.

Anyone know where this is?

132-3243_IMG.jpg

Just Wish I could've had some company, maybe next time...It's always better sharing the ride with friends. I also wish I had the knobs on once I got to Ocitillo , it was only 65 and damp.....Awesome riding conditions out there today.

Hope to ride with you all soon!

Gunz

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I feel realy bad, since everyone went on my ride instead of yours. I dont even have any pictures to post.

I wish you would have come with us. We were talking about you. I had to tell everybody about breaking down by your house and how you helped me and my wife on our trip.

Thanks again,very nice photos and great write up.

Craig.

No Worries Bro! I've had the SuperMoto set up on for a couple of weeks now, trying to save a little gas and enjoy the ride to work a little more.

After seeing what the Desert looked like today I wished I had swapped out to the Knobs for some serious off road hell raising! :) The ride was a good time but I seriously wish I had gone with you guys in the dirt.... :lol:

I've got a deadline to meet at work this week before I can slack off for the next three (holiday season and all) weeks.

So after I finish working on the ship I'm trying to get ready I am going to swap out to the Perrelli's and hit some mid week rides and the weekend "Long Hauls" with you guys :lol: .

Gunz

Myself and mitch headed up Palomar under perfect clear skies at 10:30 am sunday.Palomar was closed so I flipped him my fire badge and he stated laughing saying go ahead.Mitch was the 1st to go down in the snow on the street,he did like 4 360s on his supermoto husky.We made it to the top and had lunch alone at mothers kitchen.Then down east grade to the hideout at lake henshaw and had some hot chocolate.We took lots of pictures and put them on disk form. Joilet is coming over to show how to put on here.

Myself and mitch headed up Palomar under perfect clear skies at 10:30 am sunday.Palomar was closed so I flipped him my fire badge and he stated laughing saying go ahead.Mitch was the 1st to go down in the snow on the street,he did like 4 360s on his supermoto husky.We made it to the top and had lunch alone at mothers kitchen.Then down east grade to the hideout at lake henshaw and had some hot chocolate.We took lots of pictures and put them on disk form. Joilet is coming over to show how to put on here.

Photos from the ride.

0873748-R1-054-25A.jpg

0873748-R1-050-23A.jpg

0873748-R1-048-22A.jpg

0873748-R1-046-21A.jpg

0873748-R1-044-20A.jpg

0873748-R1-042-19A.jpg

0873748-R1-040-18A.jpg

0873748-R1-038-17A.jpg

0873748-R1-036-16A.jpg

0873748-R1-034-15A.jpg

0873748-R1-032-14A.jpg

0873748-R1-030-13A.jpg

0873748-R1-028-12A.jpg

I feel realy bad, since everyone went on my ride instead of yours. I dont even have any pictures to post.

I wish you would have come with us. We were talking about you. I had to tell everybody about breaking down by your house and how you helped me and my wife on our trip.

Craig.

Why do feel really bad,only 1 person went on your ride not everyone .He chose to ride alone and it looks like he had a blast as well as myself and mitch had a blast in the snow. We all make choices on the rides and the make and models we ride. :blink:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Craig.

Why do feel really bad,only 1 person went on your ride not everyone .He chose to ride alone and it looks like he had a blast as well as myself and mitch had a blast in the snow. We all make choices on the rides and the make and models we ride. :blink:

It was a joke SCHWINN. I guess everybody got it but you. :lol:

Awsome pictures SCHWINN!......I don't think I've met Mitch yet, looks like he's as crazy as us :lol:

You win! That's allot more snow than Julian had ;) and sunny too :blink: I had nothing but clouds, hail, rain and mist till I got below 3000ft.

Thanks for sharing

GUNZ

A couple of snow BUNNIES in them their pictures and i'd call those pictures perfect ;):D Thank's for the posts THE DOC.

If you look real close on top of the table behind the girl centered in the picture you can see a snow bunny. :blink: :fool: :huh: PICTURE #2

Nice write-up and photos broham! The BRP is looking sick ! That supermoto kit worked out pretty well eh?