Sign in to follow this  
Spaugh

Ebola petition

Done, at least it would be a finger in the dike.

How about a petition for our own (stupid IMnot soHO) government entities not bring this virus in......they (CDC) were the first ones to bring it here.

If all those CDC folks wanted to study and cure the victims they should have packed up a lab and deployed on site IN THE QUARANTINED ZONE.........

Certainly makes sense and I think I read British Airways has suspended all direct flights from those countries quite a few weeks ago. But folks will still fly (and drive then fly) via other countries as business must go on so impossible to be 100% effective although reducing the possibility is certainly a good idea.

Funnily I read a book where ebola was prime subject, might have been Congo by Michael Crichton where it was real bad in Kinshasa, Zaire (formerly Belgian Congo and now Democratic Republic of Congo), this was late 90's. 6 months later at the tail end of their civil war I went over there as our company got a big contract and nobody else would go, landed to find one hanger and several aircraft still smoldering after an explosion which turned out to be caused by some dodgy Russian ammunition they had stored there which somehow got set off. I was there on and off for over a year, great people but incredible poverty and so many totally amazing dirt bike riding possibilities. Did feel a bit bad after telling everyone in the company that everything was fine then 1 guy was there during the coup when the president was killed and 2 other guys taxi got held up and gunpoint and the driver argued and got killed and the guys had everything taken from them. And just read today that a group of researchers traced HIV back to Kinshasa in 1920's. But not knowing that I wouldn't want to go to a hospital there, we had another guy got bit by something and his elbow was the size of a football so we flew him down to South Africa to get treatment and he was fine after a few days, crazy stuff. So many other stories from there but some great smart people that want to learn and I enjoyed working with them. Now we could talk about Nigeria and little to say good about that other than escaping unharmed.