Sign in to follow this  
Dress4Less

Garmin 78 - Deleting Tracks

I have a Garmin 78 that I have been using ~1 year now. After doing the Bar 10 ride this past weekend, I am unable to delete three(3) of the tracks for some reason. I was able to delete all of the rest of the tracks just fine. Any ideas?

Tracks4Less

Chris, did you figure out what was up with your Garmin 78? I have just recently purchased the '78' too, but haven't run into that problem yet. I looked over some forums about that issue, and didn't find much on that issue. I did update my firmware (latest OS) right away when I got the unit. Also, I seen on forums some people talking about file corruption that happens occasionally with maps, not sure about tracks.

I was wondering if you use 'Basecamp', or are trying to delete tracks from the unit?

-BobĀ³

Chris, did you figure out what was up with your Garmin 78? I have just recently purchased the '78' too, but haven't run into that problem yet. I looked over some forums about that issue, and didn't find much on that issue. I did update my firmware (latest OS) right away when I got the unit. Also, I seen on forums some people talking about file corruption that happens occasionally with maps, not sure about tracks.

I was wondering if you use 'Basecamp', or are trying to delete tracks from the unit?

-BobĀ³

WW,

I am trying to delete them from the GPS unit. For example: I had 10 tracks loaded on the unit. 7 of the tracks I was able to delete from the unit. 3 I am unable to delete from the unit.

Dress4Deletion

From the tracks page, hit menu, you should see a popup and the 2nd entry says, "Delete all saved".

That's from memory, I think that does it.

From the tracks page, hit menu, you should see a popup and the 2nd entry says, "Delete all saved".

That's from memory, I think that does it.

I'll give it whirl this evening after work...thanks.