Boston Mangler

D38 Plaster City Race November 1st... Anyone else going?

lurking, IF the 100s national H&H is a no go for me this year. and if it gets into at least some rock canyons (I saw its near the painted gorge zone).

did my first D38 race this past weekend. Had a blast, even though I dead tired at the end. Been years since my last race....and not anywhere near the shape I was in back than. I plan on going to as many as I can now. I am for sure going to be at the Nov 1 race.

did my first D38 race this past weekend. Had a blast, even though I dead tired at the end. Been years since my last race....and not anywhere near the shape I was in back than. I plan on going to as many as I can now. I am for sure going to be at the Nov 1 race.

Awesome! Let's set up and pit together.. I haven't raced anything other than MX or Supermoto in about 15 years.. Will be fun!

Id like to join, have never raced a desert race before, unfortunately I'm young and have to run with the fast guys. Would be nice to have someone to pit with.

Id like to join, have never raced a desert race before, unfortunately I'm young and have to run with the fast guys. Would be nice to have someone to pit with.

You are welcome to pit with us. There will be a group of about 6 or 7 or so of us out there for this. Might go night before. Several are first timers also, some young, some old.

Suggestions:

-Prep bike a WEEK or so before, doing last minute stuff rushes you, rushes make mistakes, if something looks questionable, replace it

-Eat big meal and hydrate night before, not day of.. Racing in the desert will be a gut wrench, best to have it all digested

-Hydrate night before, again :)

-Get your AMA Competition License and register with D38 beforehand. This way you can choose your own # and class you want to be in.

-If you just show up without AMA or D38 membership, they make you run expert. Why? NO CLUE..

-Its a dead start, flag drops with motors off!!!! Learn how to start your bike ASAP or you will be sucking dust.

-Have enough gas to complete 75 miles without stopping. If you need to stop to refuel, you will lose your chance of a win.

We are heading out the weekend before to ride the course, or close to it. You welcome to join.

Anything else lemme know.

Woot

Thanks! I might join the week before if its not too hot out there. As for the race, really not going for a win, just there for the fun.

What's the course like? I have only been to races at superstition.

Thanks! I might join the week before if its not too hot out there. As for the race, really not going for a win, just there for the fun.

What's the course like? I have only been to races at superstition.

Not going for a win? WHAAAAAT?????

It wont be too hot the week before, we head out there the night before and ride EARLY

Courses always vary, but Plaster city has everything from hard pack to sand, and everything in between.

If you have FB, add me, and i will send you our "event" with the details for the weekend before

Not on Facebook. I guess I will try to be competitive, but gotta contain myself as I cant afford to get hurt right now.

Assuming my dreaded hydraulic clutch issues are solved by then I will be there for the race, and hopefully the race. Anyone else riding a plated bike?

Not on Facebook. I guess I will try to be competitive, but gotta contain myself as I cant afford to get hurt right now.

Assuming my dreaded hydraulic clutch issues are solved by then I will be there for the race, and hopefully the race. Anyone else riding a plated bike?

I'm right there with ya about not getting hurt.

YES, i will be on my plated EXC500 with all the lights and such! Hahahaha! I will beep my DOT horn when i pass people! :)

Haha haha on the horn. I took mine off. I was thinking of switching to an old headlight with the light removed(basically as a # plate) to save the good lights.

im going to be at the race on the 18th. anyone else? I will be there on the 1st as well and am all for a SDAR pit area.

hydrate the week following. The last 2 races were into the 100s. And what boston mangler said, prep yourself and your bike ahead of time.

I'm planning on going to the race on the 18th, but I think we're headed to the Lost Lizard Fun Run in OW instead of the race on the 1st.

I don't have any inside info on it, but I'm thinking the race on the 1st might be slower and more technical than most if it's only 3 laps instead of the standard 4. Just a guess though.

My club is putting on the team race on Nov 16, and I can tell you it will have some fast and some slow and technical, with a chance to switch riders in between. Should be a lot of fun.

SDlineman, Im really interested in the team race on the 16th. I assume you don't have to share a bike? Would anyone be interested in putting a team together?

I wanted to run a D38 all last year and my schedule never allowed it.

The Nov 1st race is the only one i will be able to swing this year.

Team race sounds fun though.

SDlineman, Im really interested in the team race on the 16th. I assume you don't have to share a bike? Would anyone be interested in putting a team together?

Correct, you don't need to share a bike, we will have wristbands that you will need to swap at the rider exchange. I'll be working a checkpoint, or I would team up with you. I could use some volunteers also if anyone is interested.

How fast are thec racers here? Any chance I will be able to do better than last? Haha

20% Don't even FINISH. Just ride smart and you won't be last, guarenteed! :)

Sdlineman, if I cant find another rider for this race. Id like to help out and volunteer. Are you looking for people to sweep or run check points? Or?

We can definitely put you to work somewhere, you can never have too much help!

I am going to try to make it? Depends on how much work I have. Would be fun but in bad shape maybe race maybe not. The XR ? YZ 2T ? Ahh the 990! Will dial a couple guys in no doubt and drink some beers.

Ugh want me to check for stiffer springs? Lotta whoops! Might have some used ones in stock you can borrow only because of your notoriety.

Ugh want me to check for stiffer springs? Lotta whoops! Might have some used ones in stock you can borrow only because of your notoriety.

Dang.... You just called me fat!