kkug

RIP Ron Bishop

I just saw this on Enduro 360. A legend passes :(

Godspeed Ron Bishop

Motorcycle legend Ron Bishop has passed away at his home in Escondido Ca. from natural causes. There is far too much from Ron’s racing career for me to cover all of it. He is perhaps most widely known for having competed in every Baja 1000 on a motorcycle from 1967 to 2007, 40 consecutive years. […]

Click on the link

RIP Ron..

He was one of the best ... one of my personal heroes...every person i ever sent to him for KTM service was very happy.

A real caring person . infinate knowledge on Husqvarna and KTM.

The type of guy that would tackle your mechanical problems as if they were his own.

My Dad used to race in same events as him and said he was one in a million.

Huge loss for KTM & Husky community...

True local legend..

When I was shopping for my Husky I stopped into his shop and met him. He was alone working on a bike and took the time to just hang with me. We talked racing and Baja, and even though he had the same bike on his floor he recommended I buy from Moto Forza,,he couldnt match the deal. He took the time to tell me what to watch out for and how to get the most out of the bike anyway. Treated me like an old friend. Pretty cool.

Oh man...Ron was DA MAN! I was lucky to pre-run Baja with Ron and Bob Hunter. He wrenched on my 550 for years. RIP Mr. Bishop!

.....most widely known for having competed in every Baja 1000 on a motorcycle from 1967 to 2007, 40 consecutive years.....

WOW...........

He was never too busy not to have a solution to your concerns. He made your issues his own. He was working in his shop as usual just a few weeks ago and stopped to tell me some of those great stories about his photos and trophies that he had proudly on display. This is what legends are made of, when they can share their life experiences and allow us to live it through them. Ron you will be greatly missed as you were loved by all who you touch. God Bless you. RIP.

Gosh. All of us lose as the cast of Characters exit our lives. One less building block in our Moto Community. Glad to have spent some little time in your shop. Glad you had that shop All these years!

See you on the trail

Godspeed Ron.....you will be remembered by many.

Glad to have known him.

Godspeed Ron.....you will be remembered by many.

Glad to have known him.

Yes indeed +1