Oracle

Chinese "adventure bike" coming to America...

I don't hold any high hopes...small displacement is one thing, but no product support is a deal killer. Seeing the past performance of Chinese bikes here....I'll watch from a distance while I try to find that killer deal on a Super Tenere or DL650....

Half the torque and 12hp down on a klr while only weighing 27lbs less? Where do I sign up?

I think I will be waiting for something around a 450 and under 300 lbs. from the big 4. Hopefully it will be under $8k if it ever happens. Another dream is a baby Tenere based on the FZ-07 engine. For now I have the 350exc in mind to replace to overweight DRZ that I got rid of in 2012, just have to wait for the budget to support it.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if they do the 700-800cc Tenere that's rumored...

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if they do the 700-800cc Tenere that's rumored...

How about a 660??

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré

post-15155-0-15767600-1411183403_thumb.p

Wouldn't mind trying one out...but don't want to move to Europe

Why do those Adventure bikes look and sound so much like the KTM's ? Are the parts interchangeable?

Why do those Adventure bikes look and sound so much like the KTM's ? Are the parts interchangeable?

Sounds like a KTM? Have you actually heard one run?

I have not heard of any collaboration between KTM and Yamaha, so I'd have to say no.

Wouldn't mind trying one out...but don't want to move to Europe

Yeah, that part does suck!

KTM has doubled sales volme since 2008, with 123,859 motorcycles sold worldwide in 2013 (107,142 units sold in 2012)

KTM has contract manufacturing and their own manufacturing facilities in India, Malaysia and Colombia (of all places). CFMoto in China will produce KTM bikes and more factories are planned in Thailand, Brazil and the Philippines. The plan is to increase production to 200,000 motorcycles by 2016.

CFMoto in China will produce KTM bikes and more factories are planned in Thailand, Brazil and the Philippines. The plan is to increase production to 200,000 motorcycles by 2016.

Wait... thats 547.9 bikes a day .?

The collaboration is'nt between KTM and Yamaha,..its between KTM and CFMoto(in China)

As far as Yamaha is concerned id like to see the XT660Z come to the states also.

This guy is speaking German not English

Go about halfway in, the UK importer rep is giving a "review" of the bike - IOW, how awesome it is, how it fills a gap that no one else does, how much interest it's generated, how many dealers will handle it...oh, did I tell you how awesome it is? Well it is, it's awesome. Quite a review, lol.