Bubbagums

Sync you stuff

One would hope if the coordinates were not recognized by the other party, one could toggle the GPS to the other formats until one arrives at a mutually accepted language. SPOT is pretty easy- simple copy/paste in Google. Will likely work in most GPS as well.

That "hope" part is what scares me.... :) But I guess, if you sit there and "hope" to be rescued... your not too smart there either, right?! Always good to think that you need to work on obtaining help anyway you can, and that (for example) pushing your SPOT 911 button isn't going to be your "save all". It's one reason, I have the SPOT CONNECT... and, I also have a computer savvy father who watches my spot devices tracking like a hawk. Any 811 or 911 push, and he's going to be on fire with obtaining help to my location. A nice warm-n-fuzzy for sure.

Numerous apps for Iphone and Android that make the conversion as well if need be. I use a free one called Coordinates Lite for the Iphone. Very basic but does what is needed.

Yup!! And they work great. Ya know what I've never checked, as-if they need any 'data' service to do any calculations (when out on a ride). Hmm... shouldn't, but I'm going to check just to be safe.

Trying to think of a Practice Method to use with the wife and kids... Next time out I think I will go to a designated known location and send a normal OK message. The wife can then see the coordinate and convert to GPS Minute/Seconds. On return we can discuss. She gets math, so the conversion is easy. Knowing you need to check on Responders is the issue.

What Next, Trail-side First Aid?

PS - Checking for those Apps

One would hope if the coordinates were not recognized by the other party, one could toggle the GPS to the other formats until one arrives at a mutually accepted language. SPOT is pretty easy- simple copy/paste in Google. Will likely work in most GPS as well.

That "hope" part is what scares me.... :) But I guess, if you sit there and "hope" to be rescued... your not too smart there either, right?! Always good to think that you need to work on obtaining help anyway you can, and that (for example) pushing your SPOT 911 button isn't going to be your "save all". It's one reason, I have the SPOT CONNECT... and, I also have a computer savvy father who watches my spot devices tracking like a hawk. Any 811 or 911 push, and he's going to be on fire with obtaining help to my location. A nice warm-n-fuzzy for sure.

Numerous apps for Iphone and Android that make the conversion as well if need be. I use a free one called Coordinates Lite for the Iphone. Very basic but does what is needed.

Yup!! And they work great. Ya know what I've never checked, as-if they need any 'data' service to do any calculations (when out on a ride). Hmm... shouldn't, but I'm going to check just to be safe.

The one I'm using does not.

I broke 13 bones in Ocotillo / Plaster City in 2007. I called in a rescue via cell phone to 911 with my location and details. They called back saying they could not find Plaster City or Ocotillo. Five hours later they called again asking for directions. NO TRAINING AT 911 CENTER.

By that time, I had received a lift from the Border Patrol to the Yuma hospital and was being "force discharged" due to no overnight facilities. I refused to walk out of there my myself. Because I would not leave, I was sent via an ambulance ride to UCSD Medical hospital and stayed in the hospital for a week with 13 broken bones and heart damage from the impact. It interesting that the Yuma hospital was forcing me out into the street with this level of injuries.

I broke 13 bones in Ocotillo / Plaster City in 2007. I called in a rescue via cell phone to 911 with my location and details. They called back saying they could not find Plaster City or Ocotillo. Five hours later they called again asking for directions. NO TRAINING AT 911 CENTER.

5 hours?

I would have called back umpteen times, and made several calls to every authority I know.... from Fire, to Police and everything in between. That's just ridiculous. Who doesn't know where PC or Oco is?? Ridiculous!!