Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

The Baja Turtle Ken Kasiorek Passed Away

Sad news....another rider gone....he was on a ride and didn't feel well....his buddies called medics but he passed away before they got there. Not a crash....health related.

I did not personally know him but knew a lot about him.

RIP and Godspeed to The Baja Turtle.

Guest Crusty

Very Sad.

We talked at every race, for the last 5 years.

Great guy

"Stud" who rode Honda's.

I really did respect the fact that he would ride the bike to the race, race and then ride it home. Rip

I really admired his heart for Baja and his support for the area and kids. I friended him on Facebook and followed his adventures. I still believe it was a shame he seemed to have an atheist point of view and now he knows for sure what lies beyond this world. I know he was very anti catholic by his posts and I believed him to be anti religion in all areas but having never talked to him in person its speculation on my part. Sorry to hear of his passing at a relatively young age. I always hope that someone finds hope in an eternal existence before they pass but again that's just me. Sorry toall the people on the other side of this argument but maybe we can have a beer and talk about it in Baja.

I really admired his heart for Baja and his support for the area and kids. I friended him on Facebook and followed his adventures. I still believe it was a shame he seemed to have an atheist point of view and now he knows for sure what lies beyond this world. I know he was very anti catholic by his posts and I believed him to be anti religion in all areas but having never talked to him in person its speculation on my part. Sorry to hear of his passing at a relatively young age. I always hope that someone finds hope in an eternal existence before they pass but again that's just me. Sorry toall the people on the other side of this argument but maybe we can have a beer and talk about it in Baja.

I think that he had a "bad experience" with a priest, by some of his posts, and the page that he started about molestation. I'm sure that this is what soured his opinion of the Catholic church. There is picture of him wearing a tee shirtt thst reads "I was molested by a dirty filthy Catholics". He wanted the whole world to know what happened.

I totally get that Mimi. It is a devastating event that happened to him and I don't have problems with him pointing out the hypocrisies of the catholic religion and their actions towards priest found to be perpetrators of the molestations that is why I didn't unfriend him on Facebook but to lump all Christianity into this mix I believe was misguided and to not forgive and move forward continues to give the upper hand to the molester. I don't want to comment on this any longer as it may be a distraction to the remembrance of a person that I thought had their heart in the right place but let previous experiences mis-guide him. As I mentioned I thought his heart was in the right place but I wish he would have seen a bigger picture for eternity. My thought and regret is more of missing this conversation with him on a one on one basis.

Spoke with Ken after the Caselli incident......as Tree said, his heart was in the right place.....I let the other things he put on FB brush off my back......he clearly felt the need to vent.....

He was always there to offer help/sweep and truly was a stud for "commuting" to the race each year......RIP Ken