V-Dog

Season-opening BBQ and pool party with a live band!

• Summer is winding down which means dirt biking season is winding up! Scoop up the family and haul them over to Vaudois's house. We'll boast about near-misses and crashes of the past and speculate on epic rides of the future. This is an excellent opportunity for new members to meet us in a more relaxed atmosphere rather than meeting up on the dirt just prior to riding. There is a pool, horseshoe pits, a fire pit, and a children's jungle-gym/fort. Please no last minute RSVPs. I'd like to get an accurate headcount a few days before to give me an idea of how much food and drinks to buy.

This year the San Diego Dirt Biking Meetup will be extending this invitation to other dirt biking-related groups. Also new this year, we will have one of San Diego's most respected rockin' blues band, 3rd Degree, providing live music from 2-6pm, though we can stay as late as we want.

Vaudois and I are sharing the cost to throw this party (approx. $1000). Please help defray the cost by donating some cash when you arrive. I'll cook some burgers and chicken and will have my homemade pinto beans, various chips, condiments, plates, forks, knives, water, along with sodas, beer and wine cooler-type drinks. Though I will have SOME drinks, please bring your favorite drink (ice and coolers will be available) and a side-dish to share (dishes can be doubled):

Ideas of optional things to bring:

Macaroni and cheese

Macaroni salad

Green bean casserole

Scalloped potatoes

Corn bread

Cookies

Pies

Brownies

Cut watermelon

The address is 2145 Judson St, San Diego. (just south of Genesee and I-163). It's on the corner of Gateshead and Judson streets, if your smartphone map app does not lead you to that address.

--David and Vaudois

Sat, September 27, 1pm. Band is playing from 2pm to 6pm

I am in with wife, if my plane from Germany is not hijacked. I have this on my calender.

That sounds like a great time but I'll be at Bar-10, along with a few other members.

OK , I am back and just checking my Calendar for the next weeks. Is the BBQ still on? :coolio:

Next Sunday....I'm in ! Sounds like fun....thanks for the invite !

Sat, September 27, 1pm. Band is playing from 2pm to 6pm

Im in. Is there a final confirmation from the host?

we are good to go if you get lost my cell is 858 245 1381 the address is 2145 Judson Street San Diego 92111. See u there. Vaudois Handley.

we are good to go if you get lost my cell is 858 245 1381 the address is 2145 Judson Street San Diego 92111. See u there. Vaudois Handley.

Cool sounds good. Ill bring some side grub and beverages. Jesse

The only thing I can't pass up more than a BBQ is a desert trip, hope you guys have a blast!

I'm loosed from some great family fun including street ride, but now back home for some SDAR fun. As a n00b, I've heard all of you are brave riders. But a party like this takes real guts. Thanks V-Dog for hosting and inviting so many. Lord willing I'll be there (coming solo) with some desert (the eating kind) and bev.

I may not make it....my dog's arthritis has taken a turn for the worse this week, so I want to spend some time with him, take him to the water to do some water therapy with him, and let him enjoy OB in his new little wagon that I have to tow him around in....poor guy can barely walk around now and is in pain....time to up the pain meds.

Y'all have fun.

Hope everyone had a good time, I sure had. Nice to put some faces to the Forum.

Thank you V-Dog for the fun afternoon.

V-Dog, thanks so much to you and yours for hosting the Saturday BBQ, as well as turning your home and yard into our rec area. Also, as Mr. JAJA notes, great to meet members of SDAR and others. Thanks also to Dave AKA "The Chef". He took a lot of heat for all of us most of the day, and did great work. Hope to see many more of you out on the rides.