Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Champ

North/ Northwest of Mammoth advice

OK after the jazz/beer/ riding extravaganza I am going to see my kid at Berkeley on the 8th, so I have 4 days or so to ride etc. any suggestions?

I was thinking about going to Yosemite but I don't think there is much riding there.

Ideas? I plan on riding , finding small towns , small bars, big fish, and being social.

:)

Bass Lake (Oakhurst). Over Tioga Pass and out of Yosemite Park on hwy 41. Have tracks if you're interested. Lot's of riding - mild to wild. Are you camping, moteling,????

OK after the jazz/beer/ riding extravaganza I am going to see my kid at Berkeley on the 8th, so I have 4 days or so to ride etc. any suggestions?

I was thinking about going to Yosemite but I don't think there is much riding there.

Ideas? I plan on riding , finding small towns , small bars, big fish, and being social.

:)

There is KILLER riding in that area...Crawdaddy to the rescue!

Camper, 4x4 P.U., small trailer.

Thanks I will check the map. :)

There are a bunch of NF campgrounds above Bass Lake. Most of them are not large RV friendly but you should have no problem with your rig. Fishing on the west side of the Sierras might be tough this year as the water level is very low.

I've been up here in the Mammoth Lakes / Lee Vining area all summer and yes some lakes and streams are low but people seem to be catching a lot of fish.

I've been up here in the Mammoth Lakes / Lee Vining area all summer and yes some lakes and streams are low but people seem to be catching a lot of fish.

I expect the east side is doing a bit better than the west. Will be in Mammoth tomorrow myself.

Uncle Champ,

You are setting yourself up for culture shock rolling from the Sierra Lakes to the Streets of Berkeley. Good luck with parking. Be warned, the Bakery across from Peetes on Solano St has closed. Enjoy the trip

Bagstr