paulmbowers

Hit a bit close to home- BP vs Moto Otay...

Ah, so THAT's what those mirrors are for...

The one's that aren't busted out. I've had a few close calls with BP on Otay. Anybody that's ridden that with me knows I'm slow and take those corners with extreme caution. A group of us almost got mowed over by a BP Jeep, followed promptly by a flag down and "get outta here" order from another BP vehicle. Like us, they need to remember it's a two way road.

I understand they may be responding to help another agent and that's important, but not at the cost of going head on or over the edge.

They seem to move in packs during shift changes. That is my perception. It would be nice to know what hours they are the most active. The last shift change I saw was in the 7am hour.

I'm torn. On one hand, I'm a motorcycle enthusiast who enjoyes riding the OTT. On the oher hand...

No need to be torn. I go slow for a reason and try to watch for "responding" units. Plenty of walking / moto / other vehicle traffic too. All parties just need to proceed with caution I guess.

I hope my post was fairly neutral.

It's good info Paul. We should know the facts, and act accordingly.

Excellent info, Paul. Many of us ride there and may ride there a little fast. The mirrors are fine but can't remove the danger from every scenario.

Good reminder.post-14554-0-24142100-1403664281.jpg

Excellent info, Paul. Many of us ride there and may ride there a little fast. The mirrors are fine but can't remove the danger from every scenario.

Good reminder.post-14554-0-24142100-1403664281.jpg