Sign in to follow this  
Goofy Footer

KTM990s Race 24hrs of Starvation Ridge

We have a growing number of big bike riders on the forum. I thought you guys might get a kick out of watching these 990 owners race their bikes in a 24hr event against 450s!

After watching that race video, the video below popped up as a "recommended video". The vid is posted by Yogoi, an ADV guy who I befriended at the Baja Rally. I never knew he was such a nut on his 950!

that was fun and impressive at our ammie level, those guys are good riders and its good to see the guys really get loose on them. many folks see them as big tank arse machines, but remember those machines were born in the KTM engineering dept to win the dakar rally, of course the consumer versions are way watered down in comparison, but the concept is based on Dakar and other rally winning machines, so set up right they are more than capable of riding a course like the starvation ridge event. I know a few guys who have done that one and they had a ball, that was a good event to do with the big bikes. very cool and fun stuff..

Good stuff!

Actual conversation:

"How'd you get the nail in your tire?"

"Oh, prolly goiing through the old house."