Nice ! Such good conditions. Would be so nice to get some moisture. One of the many reasons I havent been riding much in the last year.......

Its official the Los Ancianos MC will be hosting a Tecate Enduro for 2014 on 6 Dec.

(Rules should be the same as the AMA/WestChec qualifier type = easy for anyone to manage/no time keeping equipment)

this is one of the best of the best trail rides. you crave single track? get on board. tecate's best trails open to all skill levels. enduro format lets you rest (if you stay on time) before special tests.

Definitely in although will be interesting exactly which rules they use. Last enduro they used the "national" format where you have mixed abilities on each row which has pros and cons, I ended up with Charlie Mullins and other champions a few minutes behind me and ever test pushing me to move over, and amusingly Mullins crashed just after passing me so I had to sit and wait while he got going again. The west chec rules are better in that riders of similar skill level start together so A's first x rows then B next Y rows however this can make it tougher for newer riders staring at the back when course has got more cur up, again more pros and cons.

Dave I get it, but the issue with that is that pros like those 15-30 zone rows, so they have some tracks to follow, Check the line up for the Co. nat. its kind of indicative of the row set ups, but again that is an NEPG/AMA Nat enduro (its a WestChec points race as well). Note WestChec lists the 3 different rules enduro formats on their site.

I agree with you but those guys will protest if they are in the first few minutes breaking trail.......which really is a reach anyway, because the trails are usually burned in from the org weeks before the event anyway. did I make a point??? not really, just more discussion topics.

PS last time we were the min 1 first off crew and it was the minute 2 A guys that always passed as well as minute waaay back Russ Bobbit that came blasting past, I remember I was very happy in one test to never get passed by the guys behind me...held em off....

however it plays out I'm . and I know you will be as well, we can see who of the crew want to minute up on the same lines, much more fun that way.

Ill be riding solo if someone wants to teamup.

Have to clear it with my wife, but if that happens I'm with you.

We can put those radios to good use!!

Sickness??? you would really like this one day event/adventure/time trial, give it some thought man........

The entry list is up!! Saw some familiar names up there (SDAR!!)

The entry list is up!! Saw some familiar names up there (SDAR!!)

For better or for worse.

its just a big long epic trail ride! you will have stories to tell for the whole year until you sign up for the next event! once you do it you will be back, even if it goes back to a harescramble event for next year.

FYI all SDAR--

My silly fanboy enthusiam really stems from being a crazy fan of our sport.
At every LAMC Tecate event there are always top tier national and international current and "retired" racers out on the courses and those same legends and current racers are all very approachable because this is more of a simple fun bragging rights race no series points and the race faces are far less serious for these LAMC events.
I could make a long list of racers that have been on the same courses as me and in some of the shorter course HS events that have lapped me and in the case of the 2010 enduro have passed me on the trail (Bobbit for example).
Its just a fun vibe race, been and done Nat enduros Nat H&H, west HS and others where the vibe is fine but far more serious because of the championship factor among all the competitors (notice I didnt say guys- Ive been lapped in one HS by Kelley Yancey on her KTM).
LAMC always tries to get their race as a post season event to bring in more top tier guys (no worry about a mid season injury or other issue). All of you first timers will be in for a treat, just walking and talking in the pits prerace is great. Its always talk among all of us who has shown up as the morning signups and prerace meetings unfold. Im really hoping for at least one GNCC and Nat Enduro past or present guy to be in, they usually do show up as well and maybe a pro euro or 2 (with the exception of our crew euros). PNW guys send some rain down here please

latest word is that the racer total has been reached and sign ups are closed, with only a possible standby list. 240 riders..wow thats a full boat of 60 minutes of rows (4 riders per minute)

Word is that it is going to be nothing like 2010. They are getting back to their roots. Making it one of the toughest enduros in North America. We'll see.

(Toughest rideable enduros)

energy loading prep all week, energy preservation/control from the very start of the ride.

Minute assignments were drawn last night. my crew got 25 and the other 1/2 of my crew got 33.
No worries because there is not much soft stuff to get whooped or beat up, so later may even be better for cleared out broken branches trail and burned in corners. The Assignments will be posted up in a day or 2 according to LAMC.
PS they went over their initial 60 minute row 240 rider limit, I saw the chart with rows into the 70s. This is for sure one of the biggest LAMC events to date Im sure. (the Internet)

Also for all watching this thread my crew is going down on Fri morning and sleeping on site for our 0725 launch.

ZipTy Racing Team row Min 40
Enduro360 minute 2

SDAR's Rev5 and Blake- min 28

REV5 and I actually swapped back to minute 71. We let some more serious folks move up and get a better number. We'll be happier back there and less people to pass us!!

We are headed down Friday morning as well. Pulling my little travel trailer down for the night.