Dan Diego

Baja 500 accident

Uh, Dan, maybe we should discuss our upcoming Alaska ride...

Kevin Windham he is not! Hit that lip on the throttle front wheel real light boys and girls! That sucked

that aint no accident its a crash!! what hobiee said... hitting water like that in dez attack position is like hitting the front brake.

Looked to me like he hit the step up hard with the rear and it compressed the suspension enough to throw him all the way over the bars. The front went over just fine but the rear pogo'd him into the air.

Guest Crusty

Looked to me like he hit the step up hard with the rear and it compressed the suspension enough to throw him all the way over the bars. The front went over just fine but the rear pogo'd him into the air.

I think he was sitting, that is why you stand when going fast.

Seat bounce.

Should have panic reved it.

Yeah, that's going to leave a mark.

This is funny to me because my buddy Javier came up to me this morning and said if you want to see a video of how you crashed in Baja when you broke your collar bone check out the crash from the Baja 500. He was behind me on the compadre trail when I apparently had the same kind of get off. All I remember was getting up off the ground.

Glad to see/hear he walked away. Strange crash, appear the front wheelied over the bump, rear straight up kicked like mule. He was partially standing... too much weight forward?

Just goes to show how much rider influence is involved and the need for a properly set up bike.

he seemed to be in the correct position, but when the front came up he chopped the throttle, seat bounced up and sent him forward...he didn't try to correct it, but seriously... that was close for a while. Almost looked like he might pull it off... hope he's ok