Sign in to follow this  
Bubbagums

Meat and beer

I should be rolling into Julian about noon tomorrow if anyone is interested in a couple of beers and lunch. BBQ place is pretty decent. The beer? wet and cold. My plan is to leave Brown Field at 8:30, hop over Otay Mtn., cruise through Honey Springs, up through Pine Valley on to Sun Rise and into Julian. I expect the ride back to be slow and easy, probably through Boulder Creek. Noob friendly. Post up here if interested or pm me.

bob

bp_zpsc406bb49.jpg

Sounds like a good ride. I have plans with the family, otherwise I'd be there. Have fun!

I rode Boulder Creek southbound from Ramona today, intending on getting to Pine Valley, and ran into this...

20140502_104020_zps1y9iel1z.jpg

I couldn't get around it on my 950 because of a 4' uphill embankment on the right, and a significant downhill embankment on the left. That was at about noon today so it may still be there tomorrow....Just FYI!

We had a nice lunch in Julian. On the way back down via Boulder Creek Rd, we found a Navy man from Las Vegas who drove off a cliiff. He was not injured. The Navy guy had never been on Boulder Creek, he overshot a corner, over corrected, and smashed down a ravine. Bob when for help, but as we were hanging by the side of the road, a jeep came by and pulled the guy out. The Honda drove away with some front end damage. Caught up with Bob and made our way to Alpine Brewery.

IMG_0850_zps6466eb07.jpg

IMG_0849_zpsc19c3515.jpg

This guy was lucky. I can't believe his radiator survived.

I rode Boulder Creek southbound from Ramona today, intending on getting to Pine Valley, and ran into this...

I couldn't get around it on my 950 because of a 4' uphill embankment on the right, and a significant downhill embankment on the left. That was at about noon today so it may still be there tomorrow....Just FYI!

I have rode with you , thought you would of wheeled over the that stick and kept going. :coolio:

Changed plans and took the fence line from Tecate to Boulevard. Still made Julian by noon. Way too much to eat.

audible_zpsc5068902.jpg

Fun ride, alot of dirt and slab . 240 miles total. Good food , beverages and company . Watching that guy drive away was awesome , im sure he was happy it turned out minor. Thanks Bob for the great route! The stretch east of Tecate was fun, alot of trails to explore .

Jesse

I have rode with you , thought you would of wheeled over the that stick and kept going. :coolio:

LOL. I know it doesn't look like much, but even for a fool like me it was a little much to bunny hop the 950 over. How's Colorado?

LOL. I know it doesn't look like much, but even for a fool like me it was a little much to bunny hop the 950 over. How's Colorado?

I haven't even got my bikes here yet.

Working like a fool.(60+ hours a week)

Still getting snow.They say 1-2 feet Mothers Day.

Met some locals that say the trails don't open for month or so, So I haven't really missed out on much here.

But it been over 6 months since I threw a leg over a bike. That's just WRONG...........

Doing well just miss riding at will.

Never knew weather could last so long, and affect so much of what you can and can't do.