Sign in to follow this  
Kaw'ee

IN-KO-PAH RIDE

Anyone besides me having withdraws.I posted this ride on another site, so thank god for copy n paste.

After our Sunday newbe ride, I'm here to tell ya about in-ko-pahs own phantom trail. we met at the corner of old 8 and 94' , well most of us,my fault,i didn't realize there was more than one old 8 and 94' thanks to our county worker, john' we realized we were one man short and headed for the other locations, and found ctt3 (clyde) most of you know him by now as airborne,so off we headed for the in-ko-pah's martin and clyde have never been there, but once we were there i heard one of them say, this looks like a piece of cake...

Posted Image

SO IN WE WENT

Heres clyde hooking up a tow strap to pull some rocks out of the way to make it eaiser for the rest of us to come up

Posted Image

First stop was the mines for our morning dirt belly crawl and mountain climbing expedition

Posted Image

Just to get to this airshart, why, i dont know,there was plenty of air outside the cave ?

Posted Image

Then it was time to crawl back, or shimmy up the shaft.

MARTINS CHOICE

Posted Image

CLYDES CHOICE

Posted Image

MY CHOICE,,I HAD NO CHOICE, CLYDE HAD THE FLASHLIGHT.!!!

After our dirt bath and hiking adventure, we headed for the in-ko-pah jack in the box, unfortunately it was closed for remodeling.

Posted Image

Then we scout'ed out the trails below.

heres martin wondering when were going to get to some tough sections, so he can test his riding skills

.Posted Image

And his personal stamina.

Posted Image

after finding them,we headed for the peak to catch a strong breeze to dry our sweaty bod's

Posted Image

IT WAS TIME TO FIND THE BACK ROAD OUT OF HERE.......BIG MISTAKE.!!!

After finding it we stood there staring down some pretty steep cayons,and so now i'm having thoughts about bajadogs post of the phamtom trail rushing thru my head,well just like in the story, down we went.

Posted Image

After a couple of miles it was time to evaluate everyones riding ability,so i decided to turn around, just getting turned around was a 15 minute ordeal, in the deep soft sand ,hairpin turns, and straight up.

Heres clyde checking his map trying to find a shortcut back to mission valley (his house)

Posted Image

Since john was riding last ,he turned us back around and headed us back up

Posted Image

Clyde noticed that his bike was a little top heavy,so he pulled over to dump out a few gallons,to help lower the center of gravtiy on on bike

Posted Image

There was about five really nasty sections on the way out, like this one.

Posted Image

Heres martin showing us the proper way to get thru this spot.

Posted Image

Heres john daring clyde to come up this section with no feet on the pegs, since he could do it coming down.

Posted Image

Heres clyde showing john, not only can he do it with no feet on the pegs, but pull a rippin wheelie at the same time.

Posted Image

...............{ action shot taken by john }...................

Heres clyde showing us , that showing off is expensive !!

Posted Image

Man-o-man , ya-boy-howdy , it felt like we spent three days in there, and since the name phantom trail is allready taken. i've decided to name 'the back road out'

................................................" K L R CANYON ".............................................

Posted Image

.................................(.IN MEMORY OF ONE DEMOLISHED KLR )..........................

I am losing it, I thought I posted a reply.

I will try it again(dejavue)

I guess we found the Newbe proving grounds.

Posted Image

Altough the post is gone, this is the area that I dumped the XR twice on the same hill. We went up to the right this time and had to hike. Here is Dennis saying "I don't remember it being that far up"

Posted Image

This time was only some head injuries from cavin'. Here is Martin encouraging me into the cave. Kinda blurry after the hike up.

Posted Image

The now famous KLR Canyon Loop. Clyde is still trying to loose some excess fuel weight before the flight. The fence post behind him is the super border fence.

Posted Image

After dropping straight down then back up only to digin half way we decieded to go back the way we came in.

Posted Image

After the famous flight above, we did make it out to food & BEER

Posted Image

I look foward to completing the loop with same group.

quote husky4me...Yes carguy, I'm also up to completing the loop...have CTT also come with us... :)

quote carguy...I look foward to completing the loop with same group.

..I think you guys are really on to something here,, except lets really make it fun ,

.. Me and martin will trade bikes, (me on martins husky,,martin on my klr)

.. And john and clyde trade bikes...(john on clydes klr and clyde on johns xrl)

And lets go run klr cayon at noon before the big q' and then go back to johns for the barbaque..!!!

..That should make for some good bench wrecking storys..!!!!

What do ya think guy's...i know tree and ride-orange would enjoy the show..

Posted Image

You Know//Last time we wrote up a good story on KLR Canyon the Power Board crashed.Lets keep the rubber down. besides I would have to practice that alot before showing off for the crew if we switched bikes.BBQ&BEER= good time

I'd be up for the ride. But Noon, :) It will be smoking then. How about closer to 8am to try and beat some of the heat.

Kawi! No way I'm going to ride your KLR through that rocky terrain :) I would have to be insane!! LOL