To bring everybody else in on the thread title: we were sitting at lunch, and Miriam looks at Tom and says "Tom; your wife looks like a dude"...Ken and I looked at each other like "WTF did she just say".........then we remembered back to when Tom was pulling up, and Theresa "was" going to be with him....instead it was Justin "bromo"...after I realized what she was talking about, we all laughed, but, man.....for a second, there was an awkward silence

Classic --She fits right in with this bunch :good:

The Eagle Peak / Boulder Creek connector trail wasn't well suited for the street tires I was running. Silty and a bit rocky. Had a road runner try to race me on the trail for about 100 feet or so. Justin was at the end of the trail napping by his bike. Cursed him out for not waiting for the group, then rode home with a stop at The Flinn for a cold beverage.

show a pic of your booboo you can probably get it all for close to free.

Oh, you pig!

To bring everybody else in on the thread title: we were sitting at lunch, and Miriam looks at Tom and says "Tom; your wife looks like a dude"...Ken and I looked at each other like "WTF did she just say".........then we remembered back to when Tom was pulling up, and Theresa "was" going to be with him....instead it was Justin "bromo"...after I realized what she was talking about, we all laughed, but, man.....for a second, there was an awkward silence

I have to add in here that when they were first pulling up and you said his wife was with him, I was super excited and cheering, so you have to imagine how my heart sank a little when the helmet came off and I saw facial hair! So, at lunch, I just HAD to say something.

Folks, that was one of them thar rip the needle off the record party goes silent moments!! I wish I could upload the mental picture I have of TrophyHunter's face!! :weird:

Oh, you pig!

HAHA! First time I read Vacman's post I thought he said show a pic of your BOOBS, not booboo!!! I'm glad I read again because I had the pic all ready to go……..

So, after singing an opera that Bikeslut could probably hear in Alpine as I washed out my scrape and a slightly uncomfortable sleeping position; I awaken finding those lovely random sore spots(shoulder,chest) that always appear the day after. Tomorrow should be even more eventful for that.

BUT, you know what??

I woke up HAPPY and PROUD!! I rode as well as I could, I saw beautiful sights, felt temperature changes with the climate/terrain, I learned a bit, I manned up and rode more than halfway back home and I met some wonderfully awesome, fun guys!! I'm PROUD of my booboos because I got them LIVING my life, not watching it pass me by!!!

Thank you ThumperBob for being my guardian slow poke angel most of the way!

Thanks to TrophyHunter and Bikeslut for putting me and the bike back together again!

I know I must have the sickness, because all that crash did was make me resolve to acquire more gear and fuel my passion to get back out and RIDE!!

Looks like a great ride for all! Nice photos everyone. That scrape on the knee looks like it hurt like heck!

Always great to tell someone is enjoying the ride. Every time I stopped to wait for you, I could tell you were loving it. Now you know a few local routes, you can get someone to join and a ride is on.

Riding gear, get some! Here's a start. Not the best stuff, but way better than none.

http://www.cyclegear.com/lp/off%20road%20protection

Oh, you pig!

HAHA! First time I read Vacman's post I thought he said show a pic of your BOOBS, not booboo!!! I'm glad I read again because I had the pic all ready to go……..

If you did that I almost guarantee you could get some free gear.

I think theres a thread over there for that!

+1 on all the advice for protective gear but the most important upgrade you need is a Kugs sticker on your bike.

kugsrs_zps003a2041.jpg

Explain KUGS to the noob please.

Thanks for all the sympathy, y'all. I'll post pix as the colors develop.

I will do some gear hunting while I recover. I'll try with my shirt on first- see how that goes.

So, after singing an opera that Bikeslut could probably hear in Alpine as I washed out my scrape and a slightly uncomfortable sleeping position; I awaken finding those lovely random sore spots(shoulder,chest) that always appear the day after. Tomorrow should be even more eventful for that.

BUT, you know what??

I woke up HAPPY and PROUD!! I rode as well as I could, I saw beautiful sights, felt temperature changes with the climate/terrain, I learned a bit, I manned up and rode more than halfway back home and I met some wonderfully awesome, fun guys!! I'm PROUD of my booboos because I got them LIVING my life, not watching it pass me by!!!

Thank you ThumperBob for being my guardian slow poke angel most of the way!

Thanks to TrophyHunter and Bikeslut for putting me and the bike back together again!

I know I must have the sickness, because all that crash did was make me resolve to acquire more gear and fuel my passion to get back out and RIDE!!

Glad you are doing ok. Oh... and I am always slowwwwww anyway.

First time I read it I though it was "hoohoo".

Then I thought:

Welcome to SDAR... :coolio:

fun guys!! I'm PROUD of my booboos

Now i read it to fast and thought you said "I'm proud of my boobs" Haha

That goes without saying! Poor girls aren't very happy about me sliding on them yesterday. Lol too bad THEY don't get swollen like my leg!

Jeez- you guys are out of control

Out of control is going out with 5 dudes, returning with a funny walk, then spending the next day searching for knee pads so I can go ride with them again! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! THAT'S outta control!!!

Can one of you please do the map thingy so I can see where we went? Maybe mark my approximate crash n burn point?

I don't do the "map thingie"...we were on Eagle Peak road, about 5 miles from the Pine Hills intersection

Jeez- you guys are out of control

Out of control is going out with 5 dudes, returning with a funny walk, then spending the next day searching for knee pads so I can go ride with them again! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! THAT'S outta control!!!

:heh::lmaosmiley: