Sign in to follow this  
Joliet

Garmin Cs60 on sale

Here is a link to these. They are $310 with a $50 rebate. $260 for this unit is a good price. Get the ram mount for it while your at the site.

http://www.offroute.com/search/find_access...701&offer=1

NO,NO,NO........go to E-Bay if you're looking to pick up an older/discontinued 60CS. I picked up a reconditioned (basically new) 60CS for my son for ~$160.....Garmin/Ram motorcycle mounts are also available on E-Bay for ~$40....

Here is a link to these. They are $310 with a $50 rebate. $260 for this unit is a good price. Get the ram mount for it while your at the site.

http://www.offroute.com/search/find_access...701&offer=1

NO,NO,NO........go to E-Bay if you're looking to pick up an older/discontinued 60CS. I picked up a reconditioned (basically new) 60CS for my son for ~$160.....Garmin/Ram motorcycle mounts are also available on E-Bay for ~$40....

Whoops......I take it back.......I bought Jarrett a 60C not a 60CS.......but I'd still recommend going to E-bay......they seem to be a dime a dozen for ~$215.......not sure if the CS has the replaceable micro card that the 60CSx has.......if not, and you want a good/color unit, save another ~$60 and buy a 60C for $160.....

60C on E-bay

Ram Mount on E-Bay

I think the C stands for color, the x is the SD card and the S is the high-sensitivity receiver. :) Ken

I got mine from GPSonsale.com for 199.00, but they ran out and have not had any in stock for some time now.

I think the C stands for color, the x is the SD card and the S is the high-sensitivity receiver. :) Ken

S is for sensor - built in compass (so you can get a heading when the unit is not moving and calculating a track) and alitmeter (barometric altimiter instead of just giving you the GPS calculated altitude which is less accurate). Neither of which is all the critcal for car or motorcyle use. For slow speed uses (hiking, sometimes boating), the sensors are more useful.

What I'm trying to say is, if you get a smoking deal on the non-sensor model, jump on it - most people won't miss the sensors.

C is indeed color and x is expandable memory - like Joliet said.

A few months ago, I was down at West Marine off Rosecrans in San Diego. They had a few of their version of the 76CS's (same as the 60 - same screen, same software, just a different, slightly larger housing) for sale at a tent sale for $100. I wish I had jumped on them. :) just keep your eyes open...

Oh, and don't forget to budget a hundred or two for the map software (the base map is not terribly useful)