Vacman

2003 KTM 565? Hmmmmmm....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rbp8xs2udlp0e8/2014-03-31%2018.41.39.mov

Minor leak I need to address (rest of leak in driveway is from the overfilled rads) and then it's time to go break it in.

No, that how it has always been. HA,HA!

Well it is under new management now. Next thing to go is probably going to be the scared Pokemon headlight.

I will dispose of that goofy looking headlight for you.

The bike looks great (except for that flaw).

Unc C.

Vacman,

The video does not count. We need to see the bike being started.

:cowboy:

Edit: By the way, good job on improving the breed.

I will dispose of that goofy looking headlight for you.

The bike looks great (except for that flaw).

Unc C.

No problem, just be the high bidder on eBay when the time comes. :P. Gotta pay for a squadron somehow (assuming I keep it at all.)

Vacman,

The video does not count. We need to see the bike being started.

:cowboy:

. I thought proof of life would be a much more interesting video than my pushing a button, but no problem. That can be arranged. Unless you had something more in mind?

What turned out to be the problem W/ the bike when you bought it ? I was considering it because of the many great components it has . It looks like it turned out great.

What turned out to be the problem W/ the bike when you bought it ? I was considering it because of the many great components it has . It looks like it turned out great.

Well, that's a long story. The short version is a cracked piston, trashed cylinder and a cam with the lobes all torn up due to a stretched timing chain and a previously failed cam bearing. Not inexpensive to repair but it's (nearly) all done now; the parts cost half of what I paid for the bike and my labor was free. I'll post some pics and a detailed write-up once it is done and I decide to keep it or sell it.

Good to see you have it running, great job. It should still be a great machine. No, I don't want to buy it.

"Starting from cold"

Excellent work, congratulations!

Thanks. Only problem is I figured out the small leak and the head needs to come off again. :( I installed the cometic head gasket dry like the manual says instead of spraying it with ultra copper like I would typically do for an automotive application. It weeps coolant around the base of the head. I am going to pull it apart today. Also picked up some new radiators.