Sign in to follow this  
SICVIC

Tweek tweek

Those of you who are survivalists, or have been homeless have already seen these.

When I busted it out during the Mystery Ride some people seemed to enjoy it, or had not seen it before.

Thought I'd post it up.

It's fun to make and costs squat. Good kid project if you're OK with your kid using razors and fire.

I'm not the inventor; search you tube and you can find 50 versions of it. Get some ideas then tweek it however you want.

I did invent something the other day that turned out super bada$$. STOKED!!!!

Back to the story.

The soda can stove.

Good little device in case your primary cooking weapon takes the big 'El Dumpski right when you were ready to bust into the gourmet Ramen.

Easy to make system.

2 soda cans.

knife

pliers

Rubbing alcohol for fuel. 70% on up works for sure.

If you can find the product called HEET, it burns way cleaner. It removes water from fuel and is sold almost everywhere.

About 3 spoon fulls will boil one cup of water in round 5 minutes. (depending on wind and if you lid your boiling cup)

I added bells n whistles to my system with the support screen and cover. Make it however works for you.

It weighs less than 1 empty soda can when finished.

*Lighter is there for an idea of size*

Have fun and sorry if your child is on fire right now.

Kids these days.

post-14596-0-31150400-1396310773_thumb.j

post-14596-0-74849100-1396310802_thumb.j

post-14596-0-17556800-1396310831_thumb.j

Boy Scouts have been making these for years. Work great and the price is perfect.

That's pretty SIC. Burns really nice. Probably just enough time to grill a some Quail.

Although...I could've sworn I saw something like that downtown in the HOOD of S.D. I was lost and wound up in the wrong part of town. Must have been a different version 'cause the were holding spoons over it.

Guest Crusty

Be Careful, they are illegal in some places.

its OK Vic himself is illegal in some circles.

I was one of the guys intrigued with the stove. It was cool and worked great during the demo. I'm planning on making one soon. Vic I have a rear tire in my garage with your name on it. PM me for the address and I promise to double check for accuracy before I send it out.