I wanted to give a shout out for George at Suspension 101 in Alpine, CA @ 619-997-5193. George set-up my suspension (based riding ability, type(s) of riding, typical "fully loaded" riding weight, etc.) prior to an epic 5-day Baja ride. I totally dug the new rear set-up and after discusssing the front set-up with George over the phone, with a few turns of the shock, I now totally dig the front set-up as well! Thanks George!

Chris

Yup. I never appreciated suspension changes until I got into reworking mine. George helped with some final settings. Great guy.

X3! George has done two of my bikes and they work great!

x4. George turned my fat, undersprung DRZ into a fat, perfectly sprung DRZ! Way more pleasant to ride now.

X5! He turned my YZ450 into a high speed whoops slayer and he just finished my EXC also! Haven't ridden it yet, but very much looking forward to!

George is da man!

I'm blushing.

Actually thanks very much to all of you, except of course Bikeslut.

I may have said it before but it is so true. Off road motorcycle riders are the nicest, highest quality group of people to work with, period. Except for bikeslut.

Makes me love my job!

Thanks again!

P.S. Read the thread on Bowers new purchase. That was way FUNNY!

X7 George worked on my DRZ too, big improvement. I need to go see him again to tweak it some more. Be calling you soon George.

Charlie

I send business to George whenever I can, everyone always comes back happy. I'm putting some cash aside to go back to him myself with the boingers from my Husky.

George did several bikes for me as well that I'm more than happy with. He lowered the Mistress' DRZ and went above and beyond to make sure everything was right. He did an equally exceptional job on my X-Challenge. Great guy, great service.

Hey George!!!! I refer a guy from my office to you and what happens??? I get to hear all day how great you are......what great work you do......all about the extra stuff you did on the bike for him.

Geez, man, I can't take it.

Awesome stuff...!!!!

Thx George :smile_anim:

Thanks Trophy for introducing me to another cool bike rider. Very enthusiastic one at that.

I will call him KX Chris

Perfect! I need to lower my husky a bit after I get a lower seat. Will be hitting you up when the seat is done for some suspension adjustments. Don't want to practice my tippy toe ballerina skills at every stop light.

He nailed the suspension on my 690 Rally, it was epic on the GC trip!

George is the man!

He did the suspension on my YZ450F.. Two days later, i won (both motos) at the last MX race ever held at Pala in Vet30 class.

I'm a fatty pushing 300lbs with gear, and i didn't touch a single clicker, picked it up and raced it, bike was DIALED!!!

Blew it up riding like an ahole in the desert the very next weekend, but it died an undefeated champion! :)

He has since done 2 more bikes for me and both had the same spot on results.

Yet another rave review of George at Suspension 101...

First, my stock DR650 shock was bottoming far too often while frantically chasing RiggerDan through Baja over the summer, so George updated the spring, readjusted the valving, and performed a routine overhaul. Result: Had no idea a DR could stick to the ground like that, and never bottoms out!

Next, I entrusted George with my cherished GasGas 300 2T while he completely overhauled the suspension. I'm a thorough tech geek and George didn't mind explaining each and every improvement and change he made to the Marzocchi forks and Ohlins shock. The shock just needed a routine servicing, but the Marzocchi took some work to get dialed. George's knowledge is waaaaaaaay above mine, so I'll just say that he did a lot of custom work to the forks on the GG to stop deflecting on quick hits, reduced bottoming, and made the forks smooth and linear throughout the stroke.

I am glad I left my toys with George and will recommend his services to anyone/everyone.

Oh, and for another $100 USD he'll throw in some homemade pesto, I hear...

+1. George recently sorted my Husky for me. Couldn't be happier. Just wanted to get it setup properly for me, my riding style and weight. Completely different bike now! Cursing myself for not doing it sooner.

personal service, word of mouth advertising due to happy customers, that's what US small biz is all about, Bravo Giorgio!!

Just spoke with George about front suspension options.

He asked what I weighed, sans gear.

I told him 205. Nekkid.

Then silence.

Think he'll call back?

Looking forward to having my front fender not hit my helmet. That would be cool.

Yup George does awesome work 3 bikes so far gonna take him the 4th soon. Super honest work and good to have a guy that can setup one of my bikes for desert and other for trail riding, most other local guys just do desert really well.

George is a super guy, in case you didn't know

post-14554-0-26523000-1427760185_thumb.j

But THIS bike looks so good as compared to that ugly orange one. I told him it went with my eyes, but he'd have none of It. So I left on my big ugly Thunder a Pumpkin, a wee bit plusher.

Many thanks, my brother.

Thanks George!

After some work inside the WR suspension, it's plusher on the harsh stuff but stiffens up as it gets pushed - oddly, just like you said it would. :)

Oh, and I can almost flat foot it without rammin' the skid plate into things. Bonus.

PV to Upper Kernan to Morena Stokes was the rockiest I've seen it and although I took it mostly slow (cue Goose "I'm just hangin' on too tight, Mav"), the difference was noticeable.

Appreciate the spec sheet and thorough explanation. Thanks.