Ok my old EVS is all bolted together and I have been shopping, I went and tried on Leatt, goofy zipper-no rib protection, EVS OK, FOX pretty good.

I want a real zipper, some rib protection, tough fabric,decent fit.

Any ideas?

Curious myself, keep us informed. Did you look at the Leatt Adventure model?

I use the Leatt Adventure Body Protector, which is heavy and cumbersome. My brother just got the new Leatt 3DF Airlift and I was really liking it. Plenty of protection, but missed it, if there wasn't rib protection. Either way, much nicer and lighter than my setup with great protection IMO. I will be upgrading in the future after comparing the two side by side. Keep us posted on what you come up with.

I wear the Thor Impact rig. I'm happy with it. All the same areas protected, but the pads look a little thinner. Meets CE standards.

For me the questions is, Do you want to throw a Roost Guard on and pretend or do you put on a full jacket ( metal or otherwise ) and gain a measure of protection?

Whatever you choose, I recommend serious back protection and shoulder caps. I use the Leatt Adventure suit with success, so far. Just last week I went down twice with little impact, other than a bruised ego. Mmmm, let's get a comment from Pbdblue on if he wants less protection. Once on I don't notice the suit, including any increased

temperature. :cowboy:

PS, I have friend who Never falls, so he doesn't need protection.

Motoworld has a good selection of Leatt and other brands with the club discount.

I "rarely" fall too, but was happy with my kit when I did. Also Thor Impact, and it did the job each time. The armor is still looking good, but the mesh material is toast.

1. My 1st was an AXO pro
  2. 2nd Thor that didnt provide enough lower rib protection
  3. 3rd EVS, really like it except it didnt have bi-cep protection and got whacked many times by branches some leaving black and blue bruises.
  4. FOX currently using, really like it except the belly band for the kidney belt is not nearly as nice as the EVS and sometimes wads up and doesnt stay flat across the gut......

If the EVS had bi-cep pretection I would buy another one. I thought of trying to add them but havent figured that out yet.

I just picked up the http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/61534/i/leatt-5-5-pro-hd-chest-protector after reading 'til my eyes bled. Main goal - as mentioned by some - rib protection. My roost guard has been great overall for the past 8 years but I think the hard, semi padded area running down my sides contributed to my last 2 rib injuries. I tuck in my arm when heading for the ground and have landed on my bent wing twice. Got cracked ribs once and bruised the second time.

I like the wrap around portion in the HD Pro. Got it at FBC for well under list out the door.

I prefer the Acerbis Koerta. Has worked awesome for the times I've needed it. I bought it after reading about Tim Hall's crash in Dakar where he said it saved his life. If you want an awesome read, read this "ride report". You won't be unimpressed by this guys stones.

research the Acerbis Koerta as well in your choices shootout.

I have a bohn armor suit with upgraded back protector and have heard lots of good stuff about juggernaut suits.

I just bought the Koerta for my 14 year-old; seems like a great piece of gear. Thanks for the device in this thread.

I just bought the Koerta for my 14 year-old; seems like a great piece of gear. Thanks for the device in this thread.

I use the Alpinestars Bionic...been real happy with it. :smile_anim: