Boston Mangler

WooHoo! Finally picked up new bike today!

Really gotta give RJ and Trevor at AAKTM some legit Kudos!!

I LOATHE salesman, and this was my most pleasant vehicle purchasing experience EVER!

Gave nice deposit, was nervous my $ would be tied up and bike would be delayed. Trevor kept me updated with daily emails on the status, changes, etc.. Was even done, assembled, and ready a day early!

Picked it up today, and he just happened to have a set of KTM 17" supermoto wheels in stock that were for the EXC.

Hey gave me the wheels, a GPR V4, a bunch of fluids, filters, and some misc stuff at cost.

Gave me a deal on the 4 year warranty too! VERY VERY VERY happy with this transaction! They will definitely be getting my future business, even if prices are a tad higher, they deserve it.

That is all!

Sooooo Stoked!

So I've been doing the math and from what I added up so far I can see that you're single....or once your wife finds out you're gonna be!!!!

HAAAAAAA

It's rad to see someone so jazzed bout the new bike.

Now we just need to adjust fire on that paint job and you'll be ready for business....Go all Martha Stewart on that orange with some flowers-n-cit.

Super cool and congrats man.

Im'a mid week rider but only operating on half-a-cylinder right now. I'll lurk the posts watching for something not too technical.

Git-it

Very cool.

And I agree about RJ and Trevor...they're good peeps.

Now get out and ride that thing!

Sweeeeeeeet! Don't forget that skidplate... :coolio:

I'm smelling some SDAR sumo ds rides brewing...

I would suggest the TMD skid plate....just bought and installed mine before the Dash. Great coverage and protection.

(Mine is black)

KTMC-453-LG.jpg

Sweeeeeeeet! Don't forget that skidplate... :coolio:

Yeah, i was surprised it didn't come with ANYTHING down there, not even the usual tiny little thing. Zip, nadda, nothing...

I ordered the big full coverage aluminum one last night.

I also installed this today:

post-142-0-51569200-1393461344_thumb.jpg

I would suggest the TMD skid plate....just bought and installed mine before the Dash. Great coverage and protection.

(Mine is black)

KTMC-453-LG.jpg

DAYUM!! Yeah, thats badass! Not the kinda thing i'm into though.

I love mine too - can't beat the KTM EXC's - congrats on the new bike!~

Thanks. I've been a jap bike guy my entire life. This is my first time trying the kool aid. We shall see!

So I've been doing the math and from what I added up so far I can see that you're single....or once your wife finds out you're gonna be!!!!

HAAAAAAA

It's rad to see someone so jazzed bout the new bike.

Now we just need to adjust fire on that paint job and you'll be ready for business....Go all Martha Stewart on that orange with some flowers-n-cit.

Super cool and congrats man.

Im'a mid week rider but only operating on half-a-cylinder right now. I'll lurk the posts watching for something not too technical.

Git-it

Hahaha! I dig the oem graphics personally!

Very cool.

And I agree about RJ and Trevor...they're good peeps.

Now get out and ride that thing!

Yeah, it will be getting in first flogging soon. Still going through it a bit. I'm 260lbs (of sheer muscle of course, hahaha) and this thing is almost unrideable in stock form! Suspension 101 will be redoing it next week. He did the work on one of my race bikes and its tits! Stoked

260LBS Definitely need suspension upgrades (springs and coil) but for any distance you also need a larger tank. Skid plate for sure. Good pick up though. Love the bike. Let me know when you want to take it on a Baja trip.

I got mine over the weekend, though mine is the 350.

Had an issue with the clutch cover gasket leaking, which the dealer fixed gratis(got an oil change out of it too)

IMAG1531_zps77c0af35.jpg

IMAG1538_zpsdb5f64ca.jpg

Has 36 miles on her as of now, .9 of an hour. Even that was too long on the stock seat! I HIGHLY recommend the Seat Concepts seat...

I've been busy:

IMAG1544_zps3fb4a806.jpg

IMAG1545_zpsfa3e5ca9.jpg

IMAG1546_zps638e29e6.jpg

IMAG1548_zps9f72238f.jpg

260LBS Definitely need suspension upgrades (springs and coil) but for any distance you also need a larger tank. Skid plate for sure. Good pick up though. Love the bike. Let me know when you want to take it on a Baja trip.

Skid plate on the way.. Tank options only add a little less than a gallon, can't justify that cost for such little gain.

That Acerbis one below is badass, but a bit TOO big for me, I'll be doing a lot of single track stuff.

I got mine over the weekend, though mine is the 350.

Had an issue with the clutch cover gasket leaking, which the dealer fixed gratis(got an oil change out of it too)

CONGRATS! Looks Great!! Yikes, i hope mine don't leak, thanks for heads up!

Based on the recommendation of a whole bunch of guys that own this bike, i just ordered the Seat Concepts seat too! :)

Have you pulled the front headlight off yet? I had to remove mine to install the stabilizer, was VERY shocked at how chincy the wiring looked for all the lighting stuff compared to the super high quality of everything else.

Took a little ride up bee canyon last night before the rain came:

IMAG1553_zpse61d8836.jpg

IMAG1554_zpscedf87c1.jpg

Bike ran great, tons of power and the suspension is amazing! I wanted the big tank to get a 200 + mile range. When standing up, I don't even notice it. Sitting down, you can feel it a bit. I also plan to do single track. If you don't need the range, don't fill it all the way up, imo. They also make a 4.1 gallon...

Came home in the dark. Man, this stock headlight sucks! Lets remedy that! Set to work as soon as I got home:

IMAG1566_zps6b15163f.jpg

IMAG1565_zpse69923cf.jpg

IMAG1564_zps1e13db7a.jpg

IMAG1567_zps20d33bb1.jpg

IMAG1568_zps5efa73cf.jpg

My 48t rear sprocket came yesterday, so while its raining I'll install that, along with the TMDesignworks chain guide/BPD swing arm guard and TMD chain sliders. This beast is almost finished! It's a good thing too because my wallet needs some recovery time LOL

Who did your suspension??

Yeah, It looks like the front portion of the tank could catch on some stuff in the tight stuff, is rather break a plastic shroud then the tank.

Does this look like an issue? I'm looking at all options now.

Where did u get that tank?

Thanks

Who did your suspension??

Yeah, It looks like the front portion of the tank could catch on some stuff in the tight stuff, is rather break a plastic shroud then the tank.

Does this look like an issue? I'm looking at all options now.

Where did u get that tank?

Thanks

Those bikes are nice! I was taking to RJ the other day when I dropped off my 990. He had gotten in 4ea 500exc and sold them all within 5 hours. $11.8K out the door but they still needed about $1K to be ride-able. From my point of view I would then need a tank, better lights, and steering stabilizer… Ouch.

I decided to keep flogging my 530 with 12K miles. hahaha

DD

Check out Clockworks for a tank. The one I bought for my '10 EXC has been great. I have a 160+ range. They design the tanks to sit low and still allow for elect fan kits

www.clockworkktm.com