BriKman

Route Help/Suggestion - Single Track to the Tip - Tecate to Cabo

Turning 40 this November and the wife has given me the hall pass for 10 days of riding in Baja. I have been riding in N. Baja since childhood and have pre-run score races to La Paz/Cabo, so I know my way around the "usual stuff".

I would like to put together a route that gets me into some of the scenic stuff. Of course some old race course and ranch roads are expected, just want to keep it to a minimum.

I am looking for suggestions on overall route and not to be missed sections. Will be riding 450's with other advanced riders, chase truck, E32 loaded on GPS and Baja Almanac. I found suggested route below on one of the forums and would appreciate feedback.

1. Tecate to Mikes Sky Ranch
  2. Mikes to San Quintin
  3. San Quintin to Catavina
  4. Catavina to Gonzaga via Rockman trail.
  5. Gonzaga to Bay of LA via Window Rock trail (super fun single track-one of the best rides on the planet!)
  6. Bay of LA to San Ignacio via Rancho San Miguel/the coast
  7. San Ignacio to Loreto via San Juanico (high speed two track, Baja 1000 course)
  8. Loreto to La Paz (more of the above...)
  9. La Paz to Cabo via Todos Santos (some fun stuff if you take Lizardlady single track route) Late lunch in Todos. Cabo by sunset)

Here is video from our Mikes ride last year that shows the type of riding I am looking for.

Great single track video!

I have tracks of a great single track section outside of San Quintin that takes you down to Santa Rosalaliito but we didn't go all the way down. Let me know I can send you the tracks of our 8 day ride.

That Mikes video is awesome. I was unaware that there was single track like that up there.

Rockman trail is cool but I have a hard time calling it fun. There is a ton of stuff around Catavina. Easily could spend a few days around there riding it all. XR trail, Jimmy Stones, Camper shell, etc.

Yes, great stuff up there if you have the time/gas/energy to explore. Sent you a PM about tracks.

Great single track video!

I have tracks of a great single track section outside of San Quintin that takes you down to Santa Rosalaliito but we didn't go all the way down. Let me know I can send you the tracks of our 8 day ride.

Thanks Chris, have a good trip to Mikes!

Hello Bri-Man. How's your planning going? Doing a similar trip in October. I too am in my early 40's so we must be going through a mid-life something, ha, ha. 11 Days. San Diego to Cabo and back. On as much popular trail single track as I can get my tires on, but then a ride back on the highway so as to not take too much time off from work.

I'm looking for some help finding camper shell trail. Purchased Lizard Ladies v1, the E32 topo gps maps to go with my Garmin Montana, but no mention of camper shell. Understand it, like a good surf break, needs to be protected so totally appreciate that.

Any info on camper shell would be appreciated.

Thanks!