KTMrad

Issues with SDAR Site Upgrade ? Post Here

I use the "show new content" to see what has been posted since I logged in last. Now, there used to be a "mark all as read" button in the upper right hand of the page. Any idea where that is now?

I use the "show new content" to see what has been posted since I logged in last. Now, there used to be a "mark all as read" button in the upper right hand of the page. Any idea where that is now?

View New Content is in the top right corner.

Mark Community Read is in the bottom left corner next to the Help link.

Hi, Everyone

The issue is now resoleved for all users and you cannot change your theme anymore.

If anyone one is still getting this issue please post.

Admin.

THANK YOU!! I'm now back up and running. I'm sure tlking6 will be back to normal as well. Thank you for your work in fixing the Theme issue.

(well as normal as he can get :upsidedown: )

Yup, that is an excellent feature to have...please bring it back!

Hi,

What was so great about the theme changer? :bigeyed:

The theme wasn't functioning properly and people couldn't go back to the old one. :ohno02:

That's why I disabled it. :coolio:

Please let me know why you would like to use this. :smile_anim:

Excuse me I am a new admin here. :exclamation:

I am just trying to help everyone one here and make everyone happy happy happy. :lmaosmiley:

Yup, that is an excellent feature to have...please bring it back!

Hi,

What was so great about the theme changer? :bigeyed:

The theme wasn't functioning properly and people couldn't go back to the old one. :ohno02:

That's why I disabled it. :coolio:

Please let me know why you would like to use this. :smile_anim:

Excuse me I am a new admin here. :exclamation:

I am just trying to help everyone one here and make everyone happy happy happy. :lmaosmiley:

Or is this not what you meant by great feature to have?

Or is this not what you meant by great feature to have?

I can't speak with certainty on behalf of The Oracle but I'd guess he is referencing the lack of email notifications for "subscribed threads" and PMs etc. This was a feature previously available on the site but got lost during the update.

Small detail- when I respond to a post from my blackberries I can not just "post"...I have to hit "more reply options" then it opens an option for adding attachments...then I can "add reply"

For me, some topics, like Sluts ride for today, disappear when I login and hit "View New Content". Other posts appear with time stamps both sides of the ride post, but it's gone. If I don't login and just hit View New Content, it's the 9th post visible, chronologically where it should be.

I did not login, hit View New Content and the ride post appeared. I signed in with that page showing, didn't hit anything else, and the ride post disappeared. Other posts were jumbled out of order, too.

Edit: I posted this and it didn't show up at all on the first page while logged in. I logged out, hit View New Content and everything went in order with this post at the top. Logged in again and everything went out of order and this post was not on the first page at all.

Haven't looked at the others,

New post do not come up to the top when you click new topics.

Some issues with Admin and validating new members.

I can't figure out how to paste a BBCode onto the text body. I used to post pics from PhotoBucket and Flickr in this way previously, but can't copy/paste anything in the text body.

I'm not complaining, just wanted to point out the "like" buttons don't appear to be working- I get:

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Hi, Everyone

The issue is now resoleved for all users and you cannot change your theme anymore.

If anyone one is still getting this issue please post.

Admin.

Pieter, welcome to our site and thanks for everything you are doing to work on resolving issues with the new upgrade.

I sent you and Cameron an email about the "View Newest Posts" feature not updating....many people rely on this feature and hopefully it can be resolved quickly.

Thanks a lot ! And come down to San Diego and we'll take you for a ride.

I wonder if the View New Posts issue relates to the timeframe in which the site identifies "new". What I mean by this is that you now have the option to view topics posted Since Last Login, Within the Past 24 hours, Within the Past Week etc. Before that was not an option.

One feature that was nice on the old forum is that when you went to link an external website, we had the option to rename the URL. For example http://www.rallydiabolico.com/ - I used to be able to hyperlink the URL but change the legible text to "Check out my cool link about the Rally Diabolico" or something. This may seem small until you start linking long URLs http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-11-WR450-250-TTR230-YAMAHA-STARTER-SWITCH-UPGRADE-/331125501912?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d189e2fd8&vxp=mtr .

Thank You for all that you do to make SDAR an awesome forum/community!

EDIT: the forum automatically limits the length of the visible URL (which is nice) but I still cannot change the name.

View new content works great for me but I did have to change the settings on the left. I selected Forums and New since my last visit. Everything works exactly as it did before.

I'm not complaining, just wanted to point out the "like" buttons don't appear to be working- I get:

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

This is been discussed on the from already.

This feature is not working because we don't want to be like facebook or othe social media websites.

But thanks for letting us know.

I wonder if the View New Posts issue relates to the timeframe in which the site identifies "new". What I mean by this is that you now have the option to view topics posted Since Last Login, Within the Past 24 hours, Within the Past Week etc. Before that was not an option.

One feature that was nice on the old forum is that when you went to link an external website, we had the option to rename the URL. For example http://www.rallydiabolico.com/ - I used to be able to hyperlink the URL but change the legible text to "Check out my cool link about the Rally Diabolico" or something. This may seem small until you start linking long URLs http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-11-WR450-250-TTR230-YAMAHA-STARTER-SWITCH-UPGRADE-/331125501912?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d189e2fd8&vxp=mtr .

Thank You for all that you do to make SDAR an awesome forum/community!

EDIT: the forum automatically limits the length of the visible URL (which is nice) but I still cannot change the name.

Hey you could alway use a url shortner like "bitly" which is free and make your link shorter.

Ok here it is guys
you have to select "content I have not read" on you left hand side

Ok here it is guys

you have to select "content I have not read" on you left hand side

Then it will stay like this everytime you hid "view new contend" just make sure you don't change it or it will change to whatever you clicked.

btw: sorry for typo's english it not my first language.

Small detail- when I respond to a post from my blackberries I can not just "post"...I have to hit "more reply options" then it opens an option for adding attachments...then I can "add reply"

try downloading a diffrent webroser for you phone and see if you still have this issue.

It might be the way the webrowser from blackberry is reading the code from the SDAR website.

let me know if that fixed it thanks.

Everything is working fine for me EXCEPT for the email notifications!!! ANy ideas??

I checked everything, and it is set up to notify me, checked my email addy, it is correct, and checked my spam folder, nothing..

Anyone?

Thanks

Good News: The pesky iPad issue appears to be fixed.

Bad News: I'll be posting more often.

"Liking" a post, I received this message: "Error! You've reached the maximum number of likes today."

That was the first and only time I'd tried that feature.

Someone, or something, needs coffee!

"Liking" a post, I received this message: "Error! You've reached the maximum number of likes today."

That was the first and only time I'd tried that feature.

Someone, or something, needs coffee!

This has been discussed twice in this forum