I am going riding... I think Axel wants an easy ride; one where he can cruise without too many obstacles

Lark...oak tree 8 am- no obstacles

No matter which, I'll probably show up early, and blast a few fast trails, then settle down to ride with him

I would call this "small bike novice friendly", but probably a bit much for a true dirt n00b

I'm in.

I have not ridden either area and have been patiently hoping for a ride that is something other than truck trails this weekend.

Will haul the bike down in the truck and stage someplace. Never been there so recommendations and directions would be awesome, but I can always look at a map too.

MY preference is Lark. I did all the same trails at Corral last week...

Lark has some fireroad also

Bob,

We just spoke on the phone. Plz advise time and location when known.

Ed

I am going riding... I think Axel wants an easy ride; one where he can cruise without too many obstacles

Thinking Corral- Perimeter road, 1, 2, spur, 6 and 4

or

Lark- no obstacles

No matter which, I'll probably show up early, and blast a few fast trails, then settle down to ride with him

I would call this "small bike novice friendly", but probably a bit much for a true dirt n00b

Welcome to the forum Ed...i'm leaning towards Lark canyon...8ish by the oak tree

I'll post more details later

Jeremy- consider joining us

Is the oak tree off McCain Valley Road?

Looking to join the ride. Which exit is best off the 8?

Boulevard Exit (65 I believe)

Turn right, then left on old 80, then left on McCain Valley Road

The oak tree is in the day use area- I'll try to post a link

I'm in.

I have not ridden either area and have been patiently hoping for a ride that is something other than truck trails this weekend.

Will haul the bike down in the truck and stage someplace. Never been there so recommendations and directions would be awesome, but I can always look at a map too.

did a little research... your bike is only slightly heavier than my DRZ and significantly lighter than my KLR

As long as we aren't jumping up huge ledges or over big fallen trees I should be fine. Not that I wouldn't try, but might take more than once. I've been offroad before and seen more than my fair share of TT's. I have even had her on the Vet track at Pala. I assure you that you can feel every pound of her if you don't hit the landings right.

Anyways, the bike is all loaded up and ready to go for the morning. See you guys there.

As long as we aren't jumping up huge ledges or over big fallen trees I should be fine. Not that I wouldn't try, but might take more than once. I've been offroad before and seen more than my fair share of TT's. I have even had her on the Vet track at Pala. I assure you that you can feel every pound of her if you don't hit the landings right.

Anyways, the bike is all loaded up and ready to go for the morning. See you guys there.

Good...you'll be fine

Little bike loaded. As long as I don't sleep thru my alarm, see ya out there.

Bringing radio.

We are on our way out to lark, we got a late start. See you out there.

We are on our way out to lark, we got a late start. See you out there.

Damn- sorry we missed you

Not a big deal we had a great time breaking in Bens new bike, I guess Ben got broken in a bit too.