Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Champ

IMS tank

Just a quick note, I went to the Husky Guru in Descanso today to set up the suspension and get a quick looksee at my new to me TE510, as soon as I got there I smelled gas, it turns out the fuel tank had split at the seam!

It was pouring out on the exhaust, I borrowed an old 175 2-stroke to get home, contacted IMS and they stepped up offered a discount (amount to be determined) and will ship on Monday.

Good guys.

They are a Stand-up Company. Gave us 50% off a new one when we sent them Brads. He said it was like 15 years old!

I had two clear white ones crack and a third would not seal at the fuel pump gasket. Then I got the black one and have had no problems. That was all within 6 months of purchase. Each time hey sent me a new one in a box with a return shipment label, no cost to me!. I purchased it from Hall`s Cycles.

IMS. Good company. great customer service. I had my KTM 250 EXC tank start leaking from one of the threaded inserts, they replaced the tank no issue, this was after a few months of thrashing. Fast forward 2006 TE450 virtually the same issue same time period with the same result. IMS stands behind their products, tanks are MADE IN USA, good company to support.

UPDATE: Stephen at IMS would not ship a replacement tank without pictures of the old one with holes drilled in it (no problem), he shipped on Monday , I got it Tuesday , only billed me $51. IMS rocks!

I wasn't the original purchaser, had no receipt, amazing.

UNC C.