orange UP

New guy in Escondido

Hello, new guy on here from Escondido. I have spent plenty of time bombing around out in the dirt on various machines/contraptions. I purchased a KTM 690 Enduro R about 8-9 months ago. I commute on it and then swap the tires out, if necessary, and hit the dirt whenever I get a chance. I've explored/ridden most of the dirt/fire roads near Ramona, Santa Ysabel, and Palomar Mountain. If the dirt is semi packed I'll rock it with confidence, not going to be the fastest though. If it has deep sand, I just recently started growing those legs. Looking for adventure and to see some of the other areas around here that a guy can't safely do by himself. Can't wait to link up and ride.

Hello, new guy on here from Escondido. I have spent plenty of time bombing around out in the dirt on various machines/contraptions. I purchased a KTM 690 Enduro R about 8-9 months ago. I commute on it and then swap the tires out, if necessary, and hit the dirt whenever I get a chance. I've explored/ridden most of the dirt/fire roads near Ramona, Santa Ysabel, and Palomar Mountain. If the dirt is semi packed I'll rock it with confidence, not going to be the fastest though. If it has deep sand, I just recently started growing those legs. Looking for adventure and to see some of the other areas around here that a guy can't safely do by himself. Can't wait to link up and ride.

Welcome to the club...seems like local rides are North County Coastal, North County Ramona, East County or SouthCounty Chula Vista

Not sure about the capabilities of you and the bike, but the South County route might be fun (not sure if it's worth the ride)

North county coastal is probably a bit much for that big of a bike...

Join up on a noob ride; I try to set them up with an easy start, and gradually get tougher...seems to work

See you on a ride, or better yet, at the dash

Welcome!!! Come and join me on February 8th at 8:15am at the BMW local motorcycle store off of Washington in Escondido. Rick and I are leading a big bike ride all day up to Idyillwild, It will be what you are looking for, you will enjoy this forum, lots of people to ride with.

Welcome!!! Come and join me on February 8th at 8:15am at the BMW local motorcycle store off of Washington in Escondido. Rick and I are leading a big bike ride all day up to Idyillwild, It will be what you are looking for, you will enjoy this forum, lots of people to ride with.

I might be able to swing that, depends on wife's February class schedule. If it is all day, what kind of range am I going to need? My bike seems to get about 120 miles when gettin it, and around 150-160 takin it easy.

welcome to sdar....see you out there