tntmo

Bengels Hot Rod and Off Road

I know Bob used to be a member on here (metaltwister, I think?) but I don't think he rides any more. I recently visited his shop for some work on my son's VW, we wanted to replace the stock seats but weren't quite ready to start making seat brackets. He got us in the shop within a couple days and took care of fabricating some awesome seat mounts in a few hours.

If you need anytyhing welded or fabbed up, he can probably do it.

619) 461-3502

Bengels Hot Rod and Off Road

9007 Olive Dr, Spring Valley, CA 91977

I have a rusted nasty crack on one of the bottom rails of my moto trailer and it needs welding repair. I assume most any welding shop could do the job but it would be nice to support a SDAR member if it works out. I think I might have found my guy. Thanks for posting!

I've used bob on my bike way back in the day after I wadded up the tail when I crashed... He's basically replaced the last 8 inches of the frame just past the seat. Matched all the angles really well and put all the tabs and cross braces back on. The plastics mounted back up with minimal finessing. I know he really likes doing rock crawlers, buggies and street rods, but I'd think he'd probably do anything if he could fit you in...

Bob is a great guy! Back problems forced him to quit riding a few years back but he is still into 4x4s. He has a web site (SCUFF) for the 4 wheel guys, and sponsors trail 5 and the lower campground at Corral Canyon. We (Scuff) also did a lot of work building the new trails out there. He also makes custom seats

http://www.socalultimate4x4.com

Bob is a great guy! Back problems forced him to quit riding a few years back but he is still into 4x4s. He has a web site (SCUFF) for the 4 wheel guys, and sponsors trail 5 and the lower campground at Corral Canyon. We (Scuff) also did a lot of work building the new trails out there. He also makes custom seats

http://www.socalultimate4x4.com

Hey I know this guy too! coolio.gif Thanks for heads up about this thread Ken and the kind words from the others here. The LC4 is long gone but I still love bikes and being around them, and yep I'm still fabricating and enjoy the heck out of it. Everything I do is custom so if you have issues with any metal project I'm always looking for something different to tackle. I've been developing a new suspension for Extreme Off Road trailers and am in the middle of building the proto type right now. The difference between my trailers and all the other adventure trailers is that mine has just enough room for a Dual Sport Bike, sleeps 4,is fully self contained, and can truly go anywhere your 4x4 can go. I'll post up some pics when its complete.

Thanks again Ken for the heads up and look forward to seeing ya on the trails again soon!

I got to see the start of the off road trailer and it's badass! Now I need to get another Scout so I can pull one of those trailers off road.

Thanks once again for the seat mounts, the VW did awesome in the desert.

11709160025_2cbec9cee5.jpg

Untitled by tntmo2, on Flickr

Hey I know this guy too! coolio.gif Thanks for heads up about this thread Ken and the kind words from the others here. The LC4 is long gone but I still love bikes and being around them, and yep I'm still fabricating and enjoy the heck out of it. Everything I do is custom so if you have issues with any metal project I'm always looking for something different to tackle. I've been developing a new suspension for Extreme Off Road trailers and am in the middle of building the proto type right now. The difference between my trailers and all the other adventure trailers is that mine has just enough room for a Dual Sport Bike, sleeps 4,is fully self contained, and can truly go anywhere your 4x4 can go. I'll post up some pics when its complete.

Thanks again Ken for the heads up and look forward to seeing ya on the trails again soon!

I got to see the start of the off road trailer and it's badass! Now I need to get another Scout so I can pull one of those trailers off road.

Thanks once again for the seat mounts, the VW did awesome in the desert.

11709160025_2cbec9cee5.jpg

Untitled by tntmo2, on Flickr

Thats Awesome Tom... Something about them Baja Bugs that puts a smile on my face. Now that I think about it your son was smiling as well! Have fun and thanks again for the above mention.

Metal Twister, this is a bottom rail on my Kendon Trailer. It sounds like you do mainly epic custom metal fab work but might you be able to fix this for me or point me in the right direction? I think it might need some bracing support.

Also I have a DR650 and want some gusseting/reinforcement on parts of the subframe that are prone to cracking while carrying loads.

1604815_10101112621274908_1228774061_n.jpg

1017327_10101112621299858_232825689_n.jpg

Metal Twister, this is a bottom rail on my Kendon Trailer. It sounds like you do mainly epic custom metal fab work but might you be able to fix this for me or point me in the right direction? I think it might need some bracing support.

Also I have a DR650 and want some gusseting/reinforcement on parts of the subframe that are prone to cracking while carrying loads.

Sure, no problem... Give me a call tomorrow after 9:00 am at 619-461-3502 and we can schedule a time.