97xr400r

Glamis to Picacho SRA via dirt

I'm flying around on google earth and it looks like theres a way but it also looks like theres some elevation issues that could arise. Anybody here done this? :rolleyes:

I did it with jon pastapilot maybe 5 years ago. we rode from coronado to picaco park at the river and then back to glamis and we bailed at brawley after getting a couple flats. rescue truck #2 came and saved the day. I don't really remember what the route was, maybe jon knows. I think it was called indian flat road or something that headed north out of there and then through some crazy deep sand washes and some hills back over to glamis.

Hey Wildwood isn't this the way we went? Patton valley to some road tp Picacho, I remember the gravel. Got map?

Unc C.

I used Ted Kipf and Indian Pass roads. How you connect the two is your business. Like others are saying, Indian Springs Rd. is about half and half of deep gravelly washes and hard packed desert road. Have a fun ride.

I've skeched this up My link

Looks like it could be an alternative to indian pass? Need to put this on the future rides list. thanks guys!

Hyduke Mine road also runs from Ogilby to Picacho. It can comes off Ogilby just a little south of Indian Pass and runs all the way to Picacho Rd. It is hard pack most of the way with a lot less deep sand than Indian Pass. It isn't as level though with more dips and climbs. Actually a fun road.

Looks like it might work for you. Just a warning, there are wilderness areas out there and I know Indian Pass Rd is not part of it. Check the maps before you head out.

Woaa, great info, thanks!