Wintyfresh

Washing machine tub fire rings?

Looking to pick one up before Thanksgiving and the guys selling 'em on Craigslist aren't returning text messages, anyone have a good local source for these? Thanks much!

Greenfield exit in El Cajon...head south, and it's right past the Lacresta intersection on the east side of greenfield

$25 is I remember correctly

I have one you can borrow, keep it as long as you'd like. Text me, I'll have my family set it out in front of the house and you can grab it any time.

Greenfield exit in El Cajon...head south, and it's right past the Lacresta intersection on the east side of greenfield

The funny thing about that is you have to pay that, to get rid of you old washers. <_<

I'm assuming you're using it at Butterfield but just a heads up, the typical perforated (with holes) washing maschine tub is illegal in ABDSP and you can (will) get ticketed.

Camping fires are a must in the cold dez - warmth plus the center of everything social. Have fun.

Looking to pick one up before Thanksgiving and the guys selling 'em on Craigslist aren't returning text messages, anyone have a good local source for these? Thanks much!

So tired of dealing with craigslist. The same thing try calling/texting and nothing.

Really come on!!!!

Some times I feel like just sitting there and blowing up their phone with calls.

Don't put an ad up if you are not going to respond!!!!Or just pick up the phone and say thanks but it is gone and pull this listing........

I can't think of letting my phone ring for days. Sorry no Hijack meant, just hit a nerve.

I'm assuming you're using it at Butterfield but just a heads up, the typical perforated (with holes) washing maschine tub is illegal in ABDSP and you can (will) get ticketed.

Correct assumption but I definitely appreciate the heads up!

I have one you can borrow, keep it as long as you'd like.

This one's gonna live at my Butterfield spot, so unless you're just looking to get rid of it I'll hit up BS's recommendation.

The funny thing about that is you have to pay that, to get rid of you old washers. <_</>/>

That's how to double your money, paid to haul off the washer then again to sell the parts. Heck then recycle the rest. :blink:

Guy was really cool, felt much better about giving him my money than the flaky craigslisters, thanks for the recommendation!

Camping fires are a must in the cold dez - warmth plus the center of everything social. Have fun.

what is illegal about the "typical washing machine tub" I took an old truck tool side box and cut it down welded it up and cut a few holes in it for air. As long as it is 18" above the pavement it is legal at silver strand state park where I use it.

what is illegal about the "typical washing machine tub" I took an old truck tool side box and cut it down welded it up and cut a few holes in it for air. As long as it is 18" above the pavement it is legal at silver strand state park where I use it.

I'm curious too,,, I just made a one out of a washtub just for trips to ABSP? I looked on the park websites and couldn't find much detail on what is and isn't legal.

I specifically had a ranger ok my washtub fire ring @ Blair valley a few years back...

The rule at the time was no open fires, no fire directly on the ground and metal ring.

Maybe they decided the holes in the bottom must be closed and the tub needs to be off the ground?!?!

Seriously- gnats ass details

i think they don't want you to leave the ashes there.

had a ranger give me a big lecture about how I better get a ring etc etc. So I drove way out of the way and found a 55 gal drum and brought it back and had a fire. This was at blair valley. Took it with us on the way out the next morning and the ranger was sitting waiting for us to leave. I guess he didn't think I would actually go get a fire ring to use. He was astonished and somewhat dumbfounded to see that I went and got one. Guess he usually gets to write the tickets...

Guy was really cool, felt much better about giving him my money than the flaky craigslisters, thanks for the recommendation!

You don't have one of the concrete rings at Butterfield? I would see about dragging one over from another spot, if you are going to be using it a lot. Did you talk to Doug about it?

I don't, tho there's a rock ring fire pit in the space next to mine. I think I'll be content with the washing machine tub fire ring I picked up.

I think that I'm just going to get one of these, especially after going up to Troy Meadows last summer and not being able to have an open camp fire.

Campchef portable propane fire pit.

campchef.jpg

What about that LED fire Captcham

used at Coon Cabin, some time back? You could have "fun" with enforcement with that

No smoke, get as close as you want. :-)

BUMP

There is a woman in Lemon Grove close to Veys that sells the drums for 30$ USD

she has a few real old ones super heavy duty - pretty good deal if your looking