gpskevin

Best San Diego Adventure Ride Maps Ever: In both GPS Maps and Prints

I have long wanted to put together a complete map of all the cool roads and Dirt roads in San Diego County. Well I have and I am just sharing it with everyone for free. I believe in open source, and that there are many good people out there that will continue contribute to making it even better. A kind of Wikipedia approach to maps. This is both a printable Paper map that is accurate and shows all the great roads and dirt road in the county and it is a downloadable GPS background map that you install into your GPS unit so that you can simply ride around the county following your GPS and enjoy. It is way cool and can lead you on some awesome adventures.

SDCountyAdventureMap_2014.1.jpg

The information is free and I made a web page to make it easy to share with everyone.

San Diego County Adventure Motorcycle GPS Map

I would like to express thanks to everyone that has helped me with this project: Thanks for all your information, all your pre-riding and just plan support and fun

gpsKevin

As a part of continuing to improve the map I request that anyone that discovers errors in the map or can suggest improvements to the maps please inform me by filling out the suggestion form:

SD County Adventure Map Updates

Your suggestion will help to insure that this map continues to be great and reflects the great riding found here.

9099HNew.jpg

Updates are only of value if we make them that way.

gpsKevin

OUTSTANDING, Kevin, your site alread is a wealth of info with all the awesome rides/tracks posted etc and now this?! Thank you for your hard work and for sharing with the motorcycle/dual sport/offroad community!!!

OUTSTANDING, Kevin, your site alread is a wealth of info with all the awesome rides/tracks posted etc and now this?! Thank you for your hard work and for sharing with the motorcycle/dual sport/offroad community!!!

X2.

Very nice of you, thanks!!

Super map, some trails I know some I dont and I will try them next with the new to me GS1150 ADV.

My WHOLEHEARTED THANKS! As a new adventure rider to the San Diego area this map has been a TREMENDOUS WEALTH of information. My goal is to have ridden most, if not all, of the colored roads before I have to move next summer.

A HUGE thanks to gpsKeven!

Yup good map i used it also to start dual sporting but definitely missing trails and i think has 1 or 2 gated routes now

Hey Kevin,

Great map, but I cant get it to load on my GPSmap 78,  i followed your instructions for loading it to an sd card, but it wont show up on my garmin, any advice?

it would be nice if it showed proximate gate closer times, or at least a little tag where a gate might be closed . thanks for the work you have already put in . great work 

Just FYI, this thread was started in 2013...GPS Kevin does not participate on our site, and never did much before either.

But he does give away a great map that he spent a lot of his time on and puts on some really cool rides local and all over the country.

CiD

Yes to all of the above, I was letting people know to probably not expect a response....that is all.