Chief Gunner

Maintenance Day at Chief Gunner's Place

Been too Long since I hosted one and I've missed my friends here at SDAR so I wanted to do one before I ship out for the new job in Spain in a month or so. I'll be firing up the Grill and the Smoker and the cooler will be full around 11 or 12'ish.

The 990 needs an oil change and I need to install a new "Euro" headlight I just got from BDCW so I figured "Why Not". Since the 990 is my only transportation these days there's plenty of room for Bikes in the garage and in the driveway. There's Plenty of parking on the street too if you want to unload from a truck and then park it. The new place is much smaller than the old house but has plenty of room for company (nice sized patio & Garage).

I've got just about enough tools to work on just about anything and I have high speed wifi in the garage for tech resourcing. If you need a tune or just wanna swing by and say hi that's good too.

Feel free to bring what you like as far as eats and beverages if you'd like.

just PM me and I will reply with my new address and cell #.

Who are you?

LOLOLOLOL

You have always put on a good wrench party and this will be a good going away party. I hope to be there.

I would love to be there Aaron, but we will be camping out at Butterfield this weekend. Hope to see you before you head out though. Ken

Hi Aaron

Been a while. Glad to see you up and around again after your tragic personal loss. Wish I could be that strong. Still trying to recover from the loss of my best friend, my dog Wolfie. I always enjoyed your maint days. I will try to make it Saturday. Will definitely miss your wife's cooking and her gracious acceptance of your motorcycle friends. Hope to see you Saturday.

Don

Bump....Aaron is a good guy and has been with SDAR a long time. Hope to see some of you there....he's in Rancho San Diego area.

Wish I could make it, but it's my son's last football game of the season. Hopefully next time. Thanks for offering this up.

Tech days are fun. This would be awesome but I'll be in lovely Pittsburgh this weekend...

Family issues intervened Aaron. Looks like I will not be able to make it. Have fun.

Beautiful weather, great food and just a few of the old timers from this site.

The wife and I show up with some food and there was already sooo much food that we had no where to put it.

We had Carguy (John ) sitting on Arrons KTM 990. Apparently somebody's #1

gunners005_zpsd012d856.jpg

Spider on the outside and his BMW to left. My wife in the middle and Arron at the door.

gunners003_zps531807b9.jpg

Randy with Arrons friend and Cody resting on a blanket on the floor.

gunners004_zps92384d61.jpg

Lori and I drove the Scout today to see if there are any bugs to fix. It goes back in the shop Monday for roll cage and misc.

gunners001_zps0d268135.jpg

gunners002_zps909b7286.jpg

Good times....good seeing you all....Aaron thanks for the food and hospitality....the ribs and tri tip were awesome.

Aaron,

thanks for having us over to BS.... work on the bikes. Great food!

Got home and one grip heater didn't work but finally figured it out. I was worried I had nicked the wires.....

And I still think you should leave your bike here with John and pick one up from the factory and ride through the alps and then to Spain. Epic.

Anyway, nice to see all of you.

S