Bagstr

What's Better?

The Crew has a good supply expert witnesses for a valid sample. Luckily, I merely have a broken bike. But that is hard enough to wait on. (Two weeks and counting)

Mimi, Rad, Afry come to mind on the current Injured reserve list. I have been busy the last two weeks, making the wait less like, well waiting. That said, watching the Dez

temps drop and looking at an empty garage causes STRESS.

Well gang, tell us about your Coping Mechanisms. I need advice!

B

9000mi%20Service%2011-08%20019%20auto%201000w-L.jpg

I prefer a broken bike. There's no physical pain involved. I damaged my foot last Sunday in a crash. Nothing broken or dislocated, but it's swollen and sore and I have to hobble around for work tomorrow. Imagine seeing your "gimp pilot" limping up the airstairs into the jet. Doesn't inspire much confidence IMO. Hope your bike feels better soon! :heh:

The Crew has a good supply expert witnesses for a valid sample. Luckily, I merely have a broken bike. But that is hard enough to wait on. (Two weeks and counting)

Mimi, Rad, Afry come to mind on the current Injured reserve list. I have been busy the last two weeks, making the wait less like, well waiting. That said, watching the Dez

temps drop and looking at an empty garage causes STRESS.

Well gang, tell us about your Coping Mechanisms. I need advice!

B

9000mi%20Service%2011-08%20019%20auto%201000w-L.jpg

That's when it's worth having more than one bike... :coolio:

Yes, having plenty of bikes is the best insurance. Being broken is too painful both physically and mentally. When the bike is broken, you get to go on with other activities, but when the body is broken, you are pretty much screwed.

Broken bike for sure - After work it's time to read - I'm on my third book. Christie got me started on Wool Ominbus by Hugh Howey, pretty cool sci-fi stuff that I wouldn't normally read. Other then that you can live through your buddies riding on the forums. It ain't pretty, I am counting down the days for the walking cast so I can get some projects started.

Guest Crusty

I would rather have a broken bike.

I could never have 1 Bike.

I can work on all my bikes if I have too, but I am better of going to work and letting CPR. "Jim Chaimberlin" do top ends.

With most Honda's it's not as bad, parts in 3 days, delivered to my door.

They don't change the bike every 3 months like some other brands.

They build it right, the first time than make little changes.

My CRF 450X has had little change since it's introduction in 2005 and still dominates Baja.king.gif

Some of the other big 4 companies are the same, but my GREAT experiences are with Honda.

Guest Crusty

If I could only have 2 bikes I would keep my CRF. 450X and my XR 680L.coolio.gif

If I could only have 3 I would add the CR 500.

:rolleyes:

I would rather have a broken bike.

I could never have 1 Bike.

I can work on all my bikes if I have too, but I am better of going to work and letting CPR. "Jim Chaimberlin" do top ends.

With most Honda's it's not as bad, parts in 3 days, delivered to my door.

My CRF 450X has had little change since it's introduction in 2005 and still dominates Baja.king.gif

Some of the other big 4 companies are the same, but my GREAT experiences are with Honda.

Happy to break my bike ten times to avoid a broken body.

Agreed. I can't afford to break either, but the bike goes before I go.

Happy to break my bike ten times to avoid a broken body.

Come to think of it, I may have...

get your mountain bike out and take it over to mission trails and find the single tracks on the north side of 52. its almost as good as having a motor and its great for you.

you do have a mnt bike don't you?

1382560713[/url]' post='161456']

You mean just like the KLR? biggrin.gif Yea, nobody else has this secret formula.

When I was poor, I would rather break the body...cheaper to fix, and "I always heal"

Looking back now, I have a wrist that works about 40% range of motion and 60% strength...an ankle bone that sticks out and pops like my favorite breafast cereal, and elbow with pins that doesn straighten out, a finger that doesn't either, a kneecap that still has a crack in it, and another knee that goes through phases of "no mas"

So...in retrospect, saving the body and fixing the bike was probably the best response...

For the record...most of my injuries were NOT moto related, but I always played sports with a reckless abandon. I played tenacious D in most ball and stick sports, and was willing to do the gap bike jumps nobody else wanted to try, etc. Live and learn...

Break the stuff that is replaceable...health doesn't last forever

Gawd I sound old

get your mountain bike out and take it over to mission trails and find the single tracks on the north side of 52. its almost as good as having a motor and its great for you.

you do have a mnt bike don't you?

Best moto cross-training ever...cardio, reflexes, balance, reading the trail, etc

Rode with fargoin (mountain bike badass) who has been riding dirtbikes for a year...he was right there with me all day...

If you don't have time to ride the moto, pedal around the house

Borrow a bike silly, I have an XR you are welcome to borrow and then bring back with all new shiny parts.

UNC. C.

Mind Games

If your body is broken,,,You know there is no chance to ride. Hard but,,,

If the bike is broken,,,You know you could be riding if that ---- mechanic would just focus on your bike.

P1000643%20001%201000w-L.jpg

After 2 episodes of cracked ribs in the past 2 years - bike.

If ya want to ride a bike that hasn't changed since '96, Dave, the offer still stands for the DR.

Bags, Whats the pic?

My answer to your question (a dark question to start with) Neither!! Sorry I was ninny..

2013 is the most I ever been hurt on/by riding or crashing:

1st down- Right leg, sternum.

2nd down- Right rotator, clavicle, jaw, molar, ribs.

3rd down- Deflated lung, & ribs.

First two (4 days short) 2 months apart & 3 rd 3 months later.

None of them "Big Air" or even "Wow that was Cool!!"

The bikes a little scratched,a blinker lens popped off, speedo plastic side cover cracked.

At least that worked out it just cost a Arm and Leg (bad joke). :heh:/>

I have to say "the Bike" sorry!!!

Never even had a cast until this year. Just bad luck.......

Edited by HVYWT

Thanks, RJ tells me the bike runs like a champ. Gotta pick it up.

After 2 episodes of cracked ribs in the past 2 years - bike.

If ya want to ride a bike that hasn't changed since '96, Dave, the offer still stands for the DR.

Guest Crusty

You mean just like the KLR? biggrin.gif Yea, nobody else has this secret formula.

I like the KLR but it's a little too much of a street bike for me now, maybe when I am older.

I also like the DR, 650 and DRZ 400,

Bags, Whats the pic?

My answer to your question (a dark question to start with) Neither!! Sorry I was ninny..

2013 is the most I ever been hurt on/by riding or crashing:

1st down- Right leg, sternum.

2nd down- Right rotator, clavicle, jaw, molar, ribs.

3rd down- Deflated lung, & ribs.

First two (4 days short) 2 months apart & 3 rd 3 months later.

None of them "Big Air" or even "Wow that was Cool!!"

The bikes a little scratched,a blinker lens popped off, speedo plastic side cover cracked.

At least that worked out it just cost a Arm and Leg (bad joke). :heh:/>

I have to say "the Bike" sorry!!!

Never even had a cast until this year. Just bad luck.......

No wonder your wife refused to take you to the hospital the third time...:heh:/>