bikeslut

The ONE thing

I'm sure answers (if anybody answers) will be all over the place... what ONE THING do you have, or have ridden with, that just made the experience TOTALLY more awesome?

I never even knew I was missing out on anything; hell... I mocked others as weak and tender for even mentioning it... until I got them. It's not like I was miserable before, and I probably still wouldn't have bought them, but since they came on my bike anyway, I use them a LOT... even when I would be fine without them on, because I feel so warm and fuzzy using them...

heated handgrips!

Radio's. Putting out the initial money is a drag, but when you get to use them with others they are great.

2" Rox handlebar risers made way more difference than I thought they would. I adjusted them about 1" forward as well. What a change that made.

Radio's. Putting out the initial money is a drag, but when you get to use them with others they are great.

I was thinking about you when I posted.... I remember how you liked them on the 20+ noob ride at Lark... and that is when BOWERS was there!

mine would be a scarf for this cold weather.

commuting on the ninja is cold but with the scarf keeping my neck and lower face warm it makes riding in the cold AMAZING!

I was thinking about you

That's nice! The other great thing to have is FRIENDS. They are entertaining and can be lifesavers while riding.

The other great thing to have is FRIENDS. They are entertaining and can be lifesavers while riding.

They can be. And you will never learn more about the content and character (or lack there of) of a riding buddy, as when you crash and are really injured. :coolio:

Took me a nano second to come up with an answer. My Son. He is in the middle of a 10 year military commitment and I have ridden with him twice during that time. The next 5 years do not look any more promising.

Since radios is a no brainier, I will add the license plate! It opened a ton more riding areas for me and introduced me to many great ,more mature people, some who have become lifelong friends. The track/racing was and still is great but it's just different being out in the middle of nowhere with a few buddies you trust with your life seeing the things we see.

Ear plugs. I have tinnitus (and you will too if don't protect your ears) and my helmet actually magnifies exhaust noise. After my first ride (75 miles) my ears were screaming worse than ever. I have to wear plugs every time. Some day I hope to get a pair of those custom molded ones, but for now foamies help a lot.

Also looking forward to trading my Supertrapp for an FMF.

Took me a nano second to come up with an answer. My Son. He is in the middle of a 10 year military commitment and I have ridden with him twice during that time. The next 5 years do not look any more promising.

My immediate response also. Being able to ride the last 2 Desert Dashes with my 30 year old son has been the highlight of my year. Wouldn't matter what I was riding or where but riding with him makes the ride awesome.

cycling shorts = more ride time, I like to ride, or maybe goggles I can't decide.

That hot shower at camp. 15 mins off the bike and into a hot shower makes the first beer around the fire taste that much better.

Boy, I need one of Stregas' big vests to carry all these thoughts.

(:-)

Family, we all ride and I am a lucky man.

Guest Crusty

Baja with friends.

RosaritoHarleyrun009.jpg

Here is one for Kato!

Bajaboundsurftrip012-1.jpg

Waiting for waves.

Bajaboundsurftrip027-1.jpg

Ready to ride South.untitled-1.jpg

oJOSNEGROS4-6-13016_zps04d0e55f.jpg

Radios.

But that's been said.

And yes, I'm working on singing less often.

XM Radio.

Often, riding for me is like taking time to listen to my favorite music AND ride the bike. On a group ride, I'll let my GPS fail, but if the music dies, I'll pull the bike apart to fix it.

Electric start, as I get a little older I think e-start just makes things so much easier. Before I had my hip replaced I probably would have had to quit riding if it wasn't for e-start.

Covered in E-Start

And yes, I'm working on singing less often.

I'm just bustin' your chops... it doesn't bother me

sometimes, it's an obscure song I've never heard of, sometimes it's a song I hate, and sometimes it's a song that I know well, and I sing along "in my head".... because I know I sing so badly that singing out loud would be embarrassing