Bagstr

Garmin Weirdness

Oddly, my hand-held single handedly deleted maps and tracks today. Yesterday I loaded City Nav and 24k Topo for upcoming ride. All was well. This morning it is all gone. Only Marine Base map installed.

Power off and on, still nothing. Tried reloading and the error message is, " Your unit does not support map transfer". Since when??

wacko.gif

Oddly, my hand-held single handedly deleted maps and tracks today. Yesterday I loaded City Nav and 24k Topo for upcoming ride. All was well. This morning it is all gone. Only Marine Base map installed.

Power off and on, still nothing. Tried reloading and the error message is, " Your unit does not support map transfer". Since when??

wacko.gif

See if your Micro SD card has shaken loose......

Thanks Chris, You had it right. Something to do with dropping the thing off the table yesterday I imagine. "Magically" the data has returned.

rolleyes.gif I will send your fee.

Had exactly the same thing happen to me in Page last year Dave. Took everything out, put it all back, restarted it and everything was fine. Chris may be right. I suspect the restart may have something to do with it also.

We've had this issue on the trail, just before a 1000 mile ride... And we corrected it with removing mem card, batteries, and re-installing everything (physically - not the data).

Came up as normal.