Goofy Footer

San Bernadino Route Questions

Hi all, I have a few questions regarding trails in San Bernadino County, namely:

Little Morongo Canyon Road which connects Desert Hot Springs to Yucca Valley; the last report I've seen from the trail was Oct '12. I'm assuming it's still open - does anybody have info?

post-14322-026248500 1379653582_thumb.jp

Johnson Valley - does anybody have recommendations for trails that will take me from Highway 247 / Bessemer Mine Road / Soggy Lake area to gas north? Ideally gas along the 40 possibly Daggett, CA or Newberry Springs, CA? Bessemer Road turns into a Powerline Road that scoots along Twenty Nine Palms but I hear the road can be pretty whooped out and rocky. I'm looking for more wide open/easy trails vs. technical.

johnsonvalleymap.gif

I'm also interested in an older LA-B-V Day 2 track if possible (asking a lot here I know). Namely, how to get from the end of the Mojave Rd / Bullhead City area to Las Vegas. I'm good with maps, I am just trying to plot a potential / doable route. Any advice, trail names etc would be bomber.

THANK YOU in advance!

Starting up in Big Bear going to Pioneer Town and then out and around 247(JV) to Rattlesnake Canyon and back is a good loop

That would be a great route - thanks! I first read about Pioneertown last year and have wanted to visit it since.

Any advice on extending the ride through Johnson Valley to get gas in Barstow/Daggett area then loop back?

That would be a great route - thanks! I first read about Pioneertown last year and have wanted to visit it since.

Any advice on extending the ride through Johnson Valley to get gas in Barstow/Daggett area then loop back?

Pioneer Town (and the trail from there to BB) is awesome! and the pub/bar/restaurant there is good too.

You can ride from slash x bar and restaurant on 247 up open trails near power lines and through stoddard wells ohv area -(large) all the way to just south of the outlet mall in barstow -gas- I may have tracks but out of town now-also have contacts in hi des that could help with other routes. Let me know

Tim- did you ever get or discover an answer to this question? Headed out there in a couple days, may or may not take the bike...