I dont know, if there is no rocks or uphills or downhills or sand or water crossings I might be in.

Afraid you're going to break a hip?

I'm still interested in meeting up there with my rig if that's an option. I checked out the camp ground info, and it doesn't seem like a bad tow for what I have. I might be at the extreme of my riding ability in some areas, looking at recent write ups. If I got a partner and a map, I don't necesarily have to run every route the rest do. Seeing if Unc. Champ is available, or others.

Fine Bob, I didn't want to go with you anyway

I talked to Don Johnson a few days ago and although he's nursing an injury now he may be interested in leading a "fire trails" group.

If you're interested in joining the group for the weekend but shouldn't be on an "advanced type ride", start PMing or calling and get him to commit to riding so you'll have a group leader.

Day one plan*:

Portuguese Tr ~10 mi ST First segment is ☻ quickly going ▇ and then ▇▇ (The perfect warm up trail)

"Trail Sin Nombre" ~5mi ST ♦

Cattle Run Tr - Mixed ATV and ST ~7mi ATV portions ▇ all else ♦

Lunch Break

Sugarloaf Tr - ~3-5mi ST ♦

Tobias Pk lookout ~6mi fire road

Options: Bull Run Tr - ~12mi ST ♦, Just Outstanding ~10mi ST ♦

In between some of the trails is a short connector or transfer. Maybe a cumulative 10 - 15 miles of dirt roads. Distances are estimates, total distance should be ~50 miles. Approx 80% ST. All B)

* - Schedule subject to change without notice.

I got off work Friday and Monday. So I'm planning on heading up Friday and bailing Monday AM. Briana is not able to take off work. If you guys want to roll with me its no problem. I've got a little 8X4 trail so 2 other people will fit but it may be a tight fit. If you guys have a bigger trailer, that would be better if 2 others want to roll. My truck is a big 4 door dodge ram. We can pull a big ass trailer with it if someone has one.

I got off work Friday and Monday. So I'm planning on heading up Friday and bailing Monday AM. Briana is not able to take off work. If you guys want to roll with me its no problem. I've got a little 8X4 trail so 2 other people will fit but it may be a tight fit. If you guys have a bigger trailer, that would be better if 2 others want to roll. My truck is a big 4 door dodge ram. We can pull a big ass trailer with it if someone has one.

I did get an offer of a 3 rail kendon if that helps...i'll textfordetails

I might be able to get 3 bikes in mine but not sure. I think between my little trailer and the truck bed 3 peoples' stuff will fit OK, it might be a little bit of a tight fit but should fit OK. 3 bikes will probably fit in the trailer OK too just haven't tried that before. Anyways, the cab of the truck will not need to packed up and its quite comfortable.

You'll want to stay for Monday's half day ride. Different side of the tracks. We'll ride a trail we dubbed "Just Bitchin" :rolleyes:

we have a couple of weeks to sort out details

I can drive, and tow a 3 bike trailer... I DO want to ride Monday, and possibly Friday afternoon

we have Hoss and Rigger as possibles/probables and I'm not sure what arrangements have been made for driving/shotgun

If Brad is itching to load up early Monday and bee-line home, I'll probably drive with kato shotgun. leave the trailer, and cram everything in my truck like Vic and I did for AZ last year. If another one or two wants to join us, we can put 3 bikes on the trailer, one in the bed, and all the gear in the bed with the one bike.

There is a grocery store within 15 minutes away, so any incidentals we forget can be taken care of

each person will need a tent (all you guys snore like hibernating bears) a bag, sleeping pad, pillow, and everything you need to wear/ride/repair... camp chair, headlamp,

I'll bring most if not all of the food for a few dinners and a few breakfasts

bob do you have to go back to work tuesday? I would rather stay the night after riding instead of driving 6 hrs after riding.

bob do you have to go back to work tuesday? I would rather stay the night after riding instead of driving 6 hrs after riding.

Not necessarily...I can cover it

Sounds like a fun ride and I would be tempted but have tickets to see Depeche mode in LA that weekend.

Okay, I'll sacrifice myself for you. I'll take the tickets and go with my wife to the DM and you can go riding. It was a rough decision, but I'm here for my follow riders.

Sounds like good times Bob. Wish I could join, if at the least, for the food. Probably good that I not attend as I eat for 3 people.

P.S.

I have a large cargo net (bungee style with tons of hooks) if that will help anyone. I don't want to read in the write up how gear flew out on to the freeway.

I could probably lend out some camping gear as well if someone is in need.

Not necessarily...I can cover it

lets plan on going and riding 3 days and decide about making the drive home on Mon or Tues after the ride on Mon?

jon, do we need to make a reservation for a camp site?

do we need to make a reservation for a camp site?

No, but I will call the Kern Parks office to make sure the camp will be open and to let them know we're coming.

I'm going to jump in on this. Sounds like too much fun! I'll plan to ride up with Brad and we can take my trailer which will haul 3 - 4 bikes and extra stuff.

That's awesome Alan...just need confirmations from Vic and Dan to set up final FINAL plans...and, obviously, anybody else looking to ride in the pines

That's awesome Alan...just need confirmations from Vic and Dan to set up final FINAL plans...and, obviously, anybody else looking to ride in the pines

If I go it will be last second. Plan as if I'm out but don't be suprised when I'm standing there looking at you on the trail.(creepy lurker style)

I'll have my side covered 100% if I show.

If I go it will be last second. Plan as if I'm out but don't be suprised when I'm standing there looking at you on the trail.(creepy lurker style)

I'll have my side covered 100% if I show.

That is creepy or just a habit of a special forces guy. If you do just show up I expect you to be in face paint and gillie suit.

Glad to have you along Alan.

Jon, how would you feel if a few of us pain seekers split and did the Rincon Trail on one of the days? :unsure: Shouldn't impact any plans other than you would have a few less riders one of the days. What say ye?

I am in for this ride also but coming down from the Bay Area, so unfortunately no carpooling.

As for the Rincon that trail is a whole lot of fun and one I would like to do.

Jon, how would you feel if a few of us pain seekers split and did the Rincon Trail on one of the days? :unsure:/>/> Shouldn't impact any plans other than you would have a few less riders one of the days. What say ye?

I'll reply via PM.

A few days ago Spaugh asked about trail maps in the area.

Here is a link to the map that I carry.

http://www.extremeline.com/kernrivermap.htm

It's really good, but not perfect. It got me lost looking for Davis Camp Trailhead (I swear it's about half a mile East from where the map says) but all the other parts I've used have been right on. Can be purchased online or in just about any local store in the Isabella Lake area.

There are a couple OHV trail heads that we'll ride through and are supposed to have maps (at least the kiosks have a trail map holder) however I've never seen any maps there.

Guys, I just started following this. I have checked with the wife and I am in. I have a dodge ram 1500 long bed. I will be coming from Carlsbad. I can come up Friday night and stay through Monday but will have to come back Monday after our ride. I have not been on any of your rides before however, I have a ton of riding experience. I plan on bringing a tent, food, gear, bike. I have allot of extra room in my truck. If anyone wants to join me for the ride let me know. If there is something more specific that i need to bring or do please advise.

Thanks and look forward to meeting you guys.

Tony

Ben lurking, wife says go but boss who signs checks going tuna fishing for a week, second banana has to work. You guys have a great trip.