kato

scorpion

Found this guy today in my bathroom, and 4 days ago the same one but 1/4 the size, almost in the same spot.

I tried to find out more googling but maybe someone here can help better.. is this a bark scorpion? are they just looking for cooler spots in this heat or should i be concerned/taking measures?

PHOTO_20130904_151050_zps35ce3d32.jpg

Yep, Centruroides vittatus,have a nasty sting. More than likely getting into cooler areas, I'd make that one dead and try to find out where they are coming from. Then seal that area. Thing is, they can fit through tiny cracks. Glue traps also help, but if you want poisons they're pretty resistant to everything but the nasty stuff.

Way back when I used to go to AZ to harvest C.sculpturatus, bring them back, and harvest and sell the venom. Good pocket money back then!

Geat, i need to wear shoes in my house now. Thanks ffor the info!

They are common in Ramona...along with Tarantulas, coyotes, rattlers, bobcats etc...

They are common in Ramona...along with Tarantulas, coyotes, rattlers, bobcats etc...

I feel better knwoing this is totally normal. I can sleep tight now

I feel better knwoing this is totally normal. I can sleep tight now

Sleeping with a scorpion, that would suck!

I see you live in San Carlos(me too), are you close to the mountain or Mission Trails park?

...and Crawdaddy's. Be careful out there....dead.gif

I see you live in San Carlos(me too), are you close to the mountain or Mission Trails park?

I need to change that, i moved to ramona a few months back

I get one or two ofthose things in my pool each week...I have pest control for the house, due to the large number of stinging/biting/clawing creepy crawlies around here

was wondering about that. we have ants, crickets, black widows, rats, birds snakes, lizards, coyotes, but no scorpions in san carlos.

was out in jacumba camping for the meteor shower a month ago and there were scorpions that were attracted to the camp fire. but they weren't very aggressive. you could poke them with a stick and they didn't seem to mind.

I know your side of town a bit cooler then down town 110 @ 2:00 today NICE!!!!

WELCOME......