Strega

KTM 990 Adventure Baja Edition

5 Months has passed since I bought the 990. I Love the Bike but not happy with the Service there.

Not one follow up call from Vey's so as far since I bought it and they never seem to stock even the most basic parts for what they sell.

The one time I brought the bike there for it's 1st 600 mile service I got nothing but attitude from one of the mechanics even after I showed him and I told him this was not my 1st bike and I know what the hell I was doing.....

As I'm concerned I am done with them! I'm Taking My Money, My Experience, My Business and My Bike Elsewhere from now on.

Have you talked to All American? Always been good to me.

I stopped by for bulk oil today and RJ gave me the low down on the 1190. KTM sent him over to ride his before they ship it here - he is supposed to get it the end of this month. He gave a glowing report of course but he was still pretty excited about it.

Went to the KTM ADV rally in steamboat springs last month and had the opportunity to ride the 990 baja and 1190 adv back to back. I personally would rather have the 990 - It just felt so smooth and perfect from the get go - After 10 min on the 1190 ADV #1 my legs were hot ( The engine pumps out heat right against your legs ) #2 The bars were buzzy through out the entire RPM range. #3 if your over 6 Ft tall your will not be comfortable for very long ( Seat to peg is very short for ADV bike ) #4 You can tell this is a sport bike motor ( not much form 2-5K then it really comes on strong ) we rode then in the " full power MAP " - Not sure how many people need 150 hp off road. The 990 felt way smoother - WAY less vibes through bars and very comfortable for all day riding. Funny thing was after talking to fellow riders at dinner and breakfest, that seemed to be a common opinion of the new 1190. If you have a 990 dont jump ship untill you ride the new 1190 longer then 10 min.

The 1190 sounds like a great bike, but for me....I like to ride tougher trails on my 950, and the 1190 is almost 50 pounds heavier. My 950 is about as heavy a bike as I want when the trails get tougher. I'll stick with my trusty steed. I love my 950 !

100_3356-L.jpg

100_3615-L.jpg

100B3260-L.jpg