Strega

KTM 990 Adventure Baja Edition

Needs a high front fender, and the tank bag is not needed :)

Needs a high front fender, and the tank bag is not needed smile.gif

Would you like the parts list?

Those Baja's are purdy! New addition I take it?

The color suits you. Get 'em quick before you can only choose a 1200 road go'err.

Perfect for your next ride to the White Rim Trail. I would stay off the River View Trail, though.

Ask a certain equipment hanger on that subject. Plenty of riding buddies these days.

drinks.gif

I would stay off the River View Trail, though.

Thats good advice.........

I had / have that tank bag and was going to sell it on SDAR but now.....................I couldn't give it away unsure.gifunsure.gif

They had one at Chapparal about a month ago. The price didnt fit my wallet. Beautiful bike!

post-15232-075803700 1376967722_thumb.jp

I would stay off the River View Trail, though.

Thats good advice.........

I had / have that tank bag and was going to sell it on SDAR but now.....................I couldn't give it away unsure.gifunsure.gif

I'll give you nothing for it right now, and let you deliver it for free.... :heh: :heh:

I bought one back in May at Vey's in Lemon Grove (traded in My '08 450SXF for a down on it); I Got just about 3k on the odo and Loving it. I've Already been modding it out like crazy (addressing the known Achilles Heels with these bikes) and getting Her ready for some long Epic rides :)

999742_584973631523478_797966981_n.jpg

Here's what I've done so far;

Scotts Steering Stabilizer with BRP Top Clamps

Black Dog Cycle works side stand relocation kit

Added cooling fan to the right side of the radiator (Black Dog Cycle Works)

DNA Air filter

Factory Fork Bleeders

Machined Anodized Orange Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder (the OEM ones are plastic junk)

Touratech Skid plate

Battery tender installed

Rear master cylinder guard

Over sized black KTM factory brake pedal

Hepco & Becker Pannier Racks with Gobi cases

Orange Bling KTM valve stem caps (with shradder valve removal tool built in)

Frame Guards

These are on the way;

Uni Foam Pre-Filter (snorkel will be removed)

Touratech Adventure steel headlight guard

Euro headlight upgrade / conversion

Rear axle slider kit with anodized orange blocks and axle puller

Shorty Anodized Orange FP Racing levers

Rear rotor shark fin (Zipty Racing)

Scotts SS re-usable oil filter

Oversized KTM Factory kickstand base

The Last Mods I plan are;

Charcoal Canister Removal and installing the Block off plates I already bought

Akrapovich Exhaust and Re mapping

Super Plush Suspension conversion to Dakar Specs ;)

Guest Crusty

I bought one back in May; Got just about 3k on the odo and Loving it. I've Already been modding it out like crazy (addressing the known Achilles Heels with these bikes) and getting Her ready for some long Epic rides smile.gif/>

999742_584973631523478_797966981_n.jpg

Here's what I've done so far;

Scotts Steering Stabilizer with BRP Top Clamps

Black Dog Cycle works side stand relocation kit

Added cooling fan to the right side of the radiator (Black Dog Cycle Works)

DNA Air filter

Factory Fork Bleeders

Machined Anodized Orange Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder (the OEM ones are plastic junk)

Touratech Skid plate

Battery tender installed

Rear master cylinder guard

Over sized black KTM factory brake pedal

Hepco & Becker Pannier Racks with Gobi cases

Orange Bling KTM valve stem caps (with shradder valve removal tool built in)

Frame Guards

These are on the way;

Uni Foam Pre-Filter (snorkel will be removed)

Touratech Adventure steel headlight guard

Euro headlight upgrade / conversion

Rear axle slider kit with anodized orange blocks and axle puller

Shorty Anodized Orange FP Racing levers

Rear rotor shark fin (Zipty Racing)

Scotts SS re-usable oil filter

Oversized KTM Factory kickstand base

Akrapovich Exhaust and Re mapping

Super Plush Suspension conversion to Dakar Specs wink.gif/>

Nice looking bike.

Let me show you around some trails, I know in Vista, to help you break it in.

Super Plush Suspension conversion to Dakar Specs wink.gif/>

How about a tech session for this? I'll host?

There are three heights for the adv bikes. 1. Standard, which is the Baja, the standard bike like mine, and the Dakar. 2.Then there is R height, travel is about 249mm. 3.Then there is S height, travel is about 265mm.

I'm 6'2" of handsome, energetic and vital man, and I went to 250mm- it's plenty tall, especially when loaded. The bike, not me.

My EXC is much taller, but 200 fewer lbs and a much narrower seat makes it a completely different environment.

I did the Superplush treatment, and you're welcome to give my bike a try- customary deposits required, proof of insurance, a M1 certification of course party.gif

Hey Craig / "Crusty" it's been awhile Bro :) Even though I've got the two Orange Bikes I am still keeping an eye out for a decent late 90's CR500. Once I get done finishing up on the two bikes I already have I will be looking for another CR500...you know how it is once you've had a couple of Five Hundies...they stay in your Blood :)

Paul; Thanks for the Offer. I'll be going with the "R" set up on the 990. I've ridden an S and an R and I prefer the "R" set up. I'm 6'2" and pretty solid myself and I know I'll be riding her harder as I get more used to her off road. She's gonna get flogged hard and taken care of like all my bikes ;)

I'll be having the suspension specs done to my preference at Superplush as soon as I have the cash on hand ; The mono and forks are coming off and getting shipped to them & won't be too long. I will need some help setting up the sag & preload and figuring out all the adjustments for solo, two up and loaded when I get it dialed in.

I will also be doing the high fender mod too. I've got the parts on the way(white 690 SM fender) and I'm having custom brake lines built for the front by the same guy who built all of my brake lines for my VMax, they will be set up "right".

I've always liked the Big KTM's & choosing the paths and roads less traveled ;)

392496_3945172542875_736859475_n.jpg

Hey Craig / "Crusty" it's been awhile Bro smile.gif/>/> Even though I've got the two Orange Bikes I am still keeping an eye out for a decent late 90's CR500. Once I get done finishing up on the two bikes I already have I will be looking for another CR500...you know how it is once you've had a couple of Five Hundies...they stay in your Blood wink.gif/>/>

Paul; Thanks for the Offer. I'll be going with the "R" set up on the 990. I've ridden an S and an R and I prefer the "R" set up. I'm 6'2" and pretty solid myself and I know I'll be riding her harder as I get more used to her off road. She's gonna get flogged hard and taken care of like all my bikes wink.gif/>/>

I'll be having the suspension specs done to my preference at Superplush as soon as I have the cash on hand ; The mono and forks are coming off and getting shipped to them & won't be too long. I will need some help setting up the sag & preload and figuring out all the adjustments for solo, two up and loaded when I get it dialed in.

I will also be doing the high fender mod too. I've got the parts on the way(white 690 SM fender) and I'm having custom brake lines built for the front by the same guy who built all of my brake lines for my VMax that will be set up right because I hate "Work arounds".

Brakelinse should work fine- mine did and I have ABS.

The guys at SP are great. Forget all the measuring, just tell them what they want to know about your riding and it's PERFECT. That's why I went to the expense of using them- they've done hundreds of these raise/respring/revalve jobs. I don't adjust much- it's so close it's beyond my abilities to ride. A little clicker adjust here and there, but you won't believe the difference.

BTW, budget for a new front wheel. Mine's a mess, Riggah taco'ed his. It's just a matter of time, and, more important, place. But it WILL happen.

"BTW, budget for a new front wheel. Mine's a mess, Riggah taco'ed his. It's just a matter of time, and, more important, place. But it WILL happen."

Yeah I've been told and warned; Gonna be hard for a little while while I keep dumping so much $ into two bikes but I know the time will come cause I like to let it rip too :)

My other "Project", the "Bling" 530 ;)

1150775_612606855426822_1582261735_n.jpg

Funny thing Paul; You are like the 4th 990/950 Owner & Rider I know that has a 530 too...they are like "peas & carrots", having one each is the best of both worlds LOL

Funny thing Paul; You are like the 4th 990/950 Owner & Rider I know that has a 530 too...they are like "peas & carrots", having one each is the best of both worlds LOL

Make that five.... :lol:

12' 500EXC

Y094jcW5ezPWWf9QhBrGlDziT5BJC5KJhQibfX3gb0IDM4rLBEoPlinKhbNkvLtSveeaKKnWgDMk9Tb2ANiJWw_zpsf6f6350a.jpg

05.5' 950S

950ADVS_zps4b43ae1c.jpg

Well, to be accurate, mine's a 2003 525 (now) EXC, which features the vastly superior RFS motor. In fact, the 2003 KTM EXC is well-recognized worldwide as the finest motorcycle ever build in the history of the world. With the exception of the 2011 KTM 990 ADV (white), modded with the 250mm travel suspension.

I think the 06 525 is actually the best bike ever built and I had an 2011 990 Dakar and sold it to buy a 09 950 SE so I'm still in the ballpark.

CiD

I'm still in the ballpark.

CiD

Sure!

That's a good second best. You're still on the podium, right?

Right On! CHEERS! Let's Ride sometime Guy's B)/>

I Love how the 530 feels like a BMX bicycle "Weapon" after riding the 990 ;)

I'll be showing up on some rides soon, been away too long and need to get both of My bikes dirty and ride with Old SDAR friends again...Because;

1149003_10201183028991800_58732285_n.jpg

Saving my pennies ;)

990 is too big for my 29" inseam. 690 is in my future.

690 is in my future. P1030404%20Six%20Mile%20Cyn%201000w-L.jpg

That bike will fit the bill for your travels.

I must be old school 950SE and 525EXC

The 1190's were not available yet when I pulled the trigger and bought the 990 Baja. I am waiting on word to see if I landed an Overseas Job in Rota Spain...If I get it you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be taking My 990 with Me and I'll be Riding Europe and Africa too; Which is why I've been dumping some much $ into it because it's much more expensive to prep a bike over there than it is here. If I don't land the job then there's still the US, Canada, Alaska, Central and South America to ride ;)