Guest Crusty

Have a fun ride, we are out.

Too much work around here that needs to be done.

We had a great exploratory trip. Started out meeting everyone (Tim, Mike, and Dana (StevoDaDevo) at the border around 7:30. I talked with the lot owner before we headed out and asked about hitting dirt sooner but he said everything has pretty much been block off. He gave me a little hand drawn surface street map to get to Carrizo Reservoir. I already had that info from GPS but always ready to take more info. We went through town to the old hwy 2 (libre) the got of at the Carrizo turn off which started the dirt section of the trip. After making it to the damn I turned up a side road for a scenic view <a%20href=IMAG0137_zpscb98ecaf.jpg"> There is a trail that goes around the north end from that view point that I need to go back and explore where it starts from. From the damn we took the road to valle de las palmas were we tried to connect with the tracks Afry provided but the first attempt we came upon a locked gate and decided to head further south into the town. From there we took a couple roads that ended at ranches. We also took the road to the top of the towers. there was an overgrown two track at the top we followed until it just ended so back we went. We ended up around vdp universitad (sp??) looking for another connection but around this time it was getting closer to noon so we opted to head back out to the 2 and follow it for a few miles were I was pretty sure we could connect with Afry's tracks. That worked and we ended up in Puerto Nuevo around 1:30pm. <a%20href=PuertoNuevo1_zpsd970ef6f.png"> It was a lot of fun but there was a lot of rocks to ride through so we all opted for slab on the way home. I think Dana would have preferred some more dirt but we all wanted to get back across before it was too late.