Trying to get the group to hit Puerto Nuevo on Sunday 8/4. Anyone else interested. Leaving from Tecate around 7am. Also, who has tracks they want to send me? :coolio:/>

Trying to get the group to hit Puerto Nuevo on Sunday 8/4. Anyone else interested. Leaving from Tecate around 7am. Also, who has tracks they want to send me? coolio.gif/>

I have the tracks from Tecate to PN if you PM me your email.

Guest Crusty

95% IN + 1

Terry and I were going to ride Tecate single track Saturday.

Should be done moving by then.coolio.gif

My wife is interested in a two up ride to PN. If I'm off ill try to make this.

Trying to get the group to hit Puerto Nuevo on Sunday 8/4. Anyone else interested. Leaving from Tecate around 7am. Also, who has tracks they want to send me? :coolio:/>/>

PN the lobster place??

Afry sent tracks but looking through google earth it looks like we can hit dirt earlier by getting off at Primera after the 2 and 3 intersection then hitting del parque to the road that goes past the los carrisos lake then connecting to the road from Kens tracks. Is there any reason this won't work? :coolio:/>

What is the gas mileage range necessary for this ride? I have a wr250 without the desert tank on it right now. And what level skill is required for this ride?

What is the gas mileage range necessary for this ride? I have a wr250 without the desert tank on it right now. And what level skill is required for this ride?

I would say that it is intermediate due to some rocky copy sections.

1375242584[/url]' post='156333']
1375241896[/url]' post='156331']

I would say that it is intermediate due to some rocky copy sections.

What I refer to as the "Trail of a million Mexican rocks" ....not that big of a deal but bring tubes in case.

No gas in Puerto Nuevo. You can ride to Ensenada but that's 22 miles south. Plan on having at least a 125 mile range. Last time I went, My kids brand new husky BARELY made it back to Tecate for gas. Mine KTM with my 3.4 gal desert tank was fine. I didn't even have to put it on reserve.

Trying to get the group to hit Puerto Nuevo on Sunday 8/4. Anyone else interested. Leaving from Tecate around 7am. Also, who has tracks they want to send me? :coolio:/>/>/>

PN the lobster place??

Yeppers

Afry sent tracks but looking through google earth it looks like we can hit dirt earlier by getting off at Primera after the 2 and 3 intersection then hitting del parque to the road that goes past the los carrisos lake then connecting to the road from Kens tracks. Is there any reason this won't work? :coolio:/>/>

I looked for a route through the southeast corner of Tecate a few years ago and no luck. The route you're talking about, you go through a residential area and someone put a gate with a no trespassing sign on one of the roads you'd have to go through. Before you take a group through there, go take a look either by yourself or with one or two other riders.

As an alternative to going south on Hwy 3 from Tecate to Valle de las Palmas, you can go west on Hwy 2 towards Tijuana and turn south on the road that goes to Valle de las Palmas. On Google Maps, it's the same color as the main highways and it goes past the Carrizo Reservoir. Same road you'd go north on if you went to Valle de las Palmas first.

Once you hit the coast, go left to Cantamar and there's a gas station less than a mile away.

Afry sent tracks but looking through google earth it looks like we can hit dirt earlier by getting off at Primera after the 2 and 3 intersection then hitting del parque to the road that goes past the los carrisos lake then connecting to the road from Kens tracks. Is there any reason this won't work? :coolio:/>/>/>

I looked for a route through the southeast corner of Tecate a few years ago and no luck. The route you're talking about, you go through a residential area and someone put a gate with a no trespassing sign on one of the roads you'd have to go through. Before you take a group through there, go take a look either by yourself or with one or two other riders.

As an alternative to going south on Hwy 3 from Tecate to Valle de las Palmas, you can go west on Hwy 2 towards Tijuana and turn south on the road that goes to Valle de las Palmas. On Google Maps, it's the same color as the main highways and it goes past the Carrizo Reservoir. Same road you'd go north on if you went to Valle de las Palmas first.

Once you hit the coast, go left to Cantamar and there's a gas station less than a mile away.

Thanks for the info Gene. Depending on who is going I may do some exploring. The trip is not that long anyway. Besides if I run into a non passable way we can always go a little north and hit the two to the road you mentioned that goes by Carrizo Reservoir.

No problem. The road that goes by the Carrizo Reservoir isn't paved (at least it wasn't last time I was on it) but it's drivable in a sedan — wide enough for two cars with a little room to spare. They're probably going to pave it eventually.

Yeah should be fun. Like I said we are leaving tecate border around 7:00-7:30am. We plan to do a little exploring of the area but should be ordering lobster and cerveza by 11am. then cruise back. It shouldn't be too long of a trip. thinking of being back around 3-4pm but nothing set in stone. :coolio:/>

Last check before I load up the bike. Is the ride still on?

yep still meeting at the border around 7am