Sign in to follow this  
Honda90

Lagunas after the rain

Monday at noon temps were moderate but extremely humid. After two inches of rain on Sunday there were lots of puddles, soaked silt, and slippery ruts. Our tracks were the first after the rain. And no dust! Late afternoon the clouds cleared, humidity dropped and it was cool and beautiful! I managed to not crash all day! My youngest went down once in a slippery rut and is sore today. Cruised the burn area; could have been a lot worse, but still very sad.

post-15323-076314700 1374601390_thumb.jp

post-15323-091760600 1374601495_thumb.jp

My DR sputtered at wide open throttle while running Sunrise. Tested it back home at near sea level and it runs like a rocket. Do I need a smaller main jet for 5000 feet?

post-15323-078220400 1374601600_thumb.jp

Looks like you and your boys had a good day riding! Now, about the sputtering at WOT, a change to a smaller main jet would be the first thing to consider but you must be running relatively rich at sea level also since a 5000' elevation difference doesn't usually require rejetting. Check your plug or better yet put in a new one and do a couple of WOT runs and assess the plug color (try to use gas that doesn't contain ethanol, although that's nearly impossible these days).

Looks like you and your boys had a good day riding! Now, about the sputtering at WOT, a change to a smaller main jet would be the first thing to consider but you must be running relatively rich at sea level also since a 5000' elevation difference doesn't usually require rejetting. Check your plug or better yet put in a new one and do a couple of WOT runs and assess the plug color (try to use gas that doesn't contain ethanol, although that's nearly impossible these days).

Thank you very much. Appreciate your help.