SICVIC

..like a pinch on the neck..

Nocturnal riding...

Had it in my mind to do another night ride this week then Ozzy mails me and wants to ride out at McCain. I decided to link the two rides together and this is how it went.

Rather than driving back and forth I decided to just load up and camp out at Bobcat (Corral) and use that as a staging area.

I headed out around 1700 and arrived with plenty of time to setup everything and prep the bike.

I'm loaded heavy with 8 gallons of fuel, and a bunch of other crap that I don't need for this ride but am using as a prep ride for something I have upcoming.

Train like ya fight; fight like ya train.

I just relaxed waiting for sundown.

There was another group camping who had several quads and 2 or 3 bikes. They took off riding and were back before dark. Normally I don't see anyone at the sites during the week.

Site view..

post-14596-052311600 1371221233_thumb.jp

post-14596-049939700 1371220678_thumb.jp

Hedgie wanted to go and told me to ride b*%ch but I advised him that he needed to setup perimeter sucurity at the campsite; the use of Deadly Force was authorized...He complied.

post-14596-007765900 1371222385_thumb.jp

Took this photo for the "missing persons" milk carton. It would come in handy if I didn't return from the ride. I may bonk my head, take off all my clothes and run off into the woods. This way they know exactly what they're looking for... (minus the clothes) I know what ur thinking....BRILLIANT/RETARED. It's a fine line that I enjoy skipping around on.

post-14596-014017200 1371222511_thumb.jp

It's dark and time to ride!!!!!!

No plan or direction, just go.

Corral, PV, Lugunas, Julian and in between. 113 miles in all. Camera took the Big El Dumpski along the way but I did manage to get a few pics.

..cause Black Diamond is even Blacker and more Diamondriffic at night...

post-14596-082211000 1371222895_thumb.jp

This is that one spot. Ya know.....with the rocks. We've all done this but it looks whack as all hell at night. Any guesses?????

post-14596-036459500 1371223057_thumb.jp

This one here is that rock slab roll-in on Trail 1. Thank you Baja Designs for making this possible.

post-14596-057899100 1371223403_thumb.jp

So I wanted Tacos and Pie....Apperently at midnight the only thing you can find is really choice parking. Whodathunk

post-14596-078739800 1371223724_thumb.jp

Got back to the camp just after 0200. After sorting the gear and stashing Hedgies "wetwork" I was off to sleep just before 0300.

0530 REVELLIE!!!!!!!

Make coffee, Maint the bike, eat, fuel up, suit up and out the door at 0710 headed to McCain to meetup with the OZ.

I'm there at 0800 and he is ready to go.

I think we ride till about 1300.

He let me lead and I took us on everything I could find; no holding back. Up rocks, in ditches and under trees. Nothing was safe.

We did have to stop for cactus removal once. Oz had some sweet ones in the back of his right arm/wrist.

All said and done we racked up about 50 miles of spyder web McCainess.

No isses, no crashes nothing but good times!

Oz loaded up and I was headed back to Corral.

Think I finished at about 106 miles. Once back I broke down camp and made tracks for home.

A solid amount of riding in 24 hrs.

The result of falling from the ugly tree AND hitting all the branches along the way!

post-14596-049192500 1371226126_thumb.jp

*side note* Last day for advanced signup for the Big Bear Run is this Sunday. Crack to it!

Hope you didn't stir fry anyone in your wok.

You never cease to impress, VIC!

I've been jones'n to ride and might be able to get out this weekend. Been laid up for 6 weeks now. Blew up my thumb at McCain. Snapped my left DP right in half. I'll spare you the "wet" pics. Rather depressing...

Thumb1_zpsed9f101f.jpg

Always great to hear the fellow SDAR'ers are out there gettin' it done!

Safe Rides!

Chad WTF!

You go ravage the Moab only to come back and wreck yo self at the McCains. Were you trying another one of those rock drop to lawn darts again???? (shaking my head)

Good thing you're not a professional hitch hiker or you'd be in the unemployment line!

Heal up; the trails await.

nice pics, Vic... I'm not :wacko: enough to even BEGIN to understand the words :lol:

Monday- McCain

Chad WTF!

You go ravage the Moab only to come back and wreck yo self at the McCains. Were you trying another one of those rock drop to lawn darts again???? (shaking my head)

Actually the opposite... Was trying to tackle the far right side of the big granite slab by the tree. Headed up a face and got too far back on the seat. Was "controlling" the bike so it didn't come back over on me, but as I took it to the ground, I think I put my hand down just before the bar end hit. Rock on one side, HDB handguard end on the other... Thumb tip in the middle. I bit like taking a hammer to the tip of your thumb, I'd imagine.

Apparently "ravag[ing] the Moab" only makes me "think" I can ride better at home! :heh:/>/>

Will be back out there soon... Thanks!

Bitchin!! your my Hero! Vic looks like all is well. Brando. Keep the post comin. Hit me up when you leave.

Can only imagine how eerie the hard trails @ coral must be at night. And solo really????

Nice pics/ writeup and mad props vic keep up the fun

Can only imagine how eerie the hard trails @ coral must be at night. And solo really????

Nice pics/ writeup and mad props vic keep up the fun

You've obviously never seen Vic's lighting set up- he has the Star Wars dual sun solar system- one sun on his bike and one on his helmet